Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any advise on the best book to buy for a superbug restoration project, body and mechanical.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any advise on the best book to buy for a superbug restoration project, body and mechanical.
Thank you in advance.
Hi James, I too would like to hear about a good book on the subject, by the way James, what year were the Super Bugs introduced?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi James, I too would like to hear about a good book on the subject, by the way James, what year were the Super Bugs introduced?
Hello from Florida, am new to the forum also. I to am looking for a good resource to help in restoration and general maintenance of my beetle. Wanting to keep mine as original as possible, other than dash gauge upgrades. Hopefully some of thge more senior members can help in our search.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hello from Florida, am new to the forum also. I to am looking for a good resource to help in restoration and general maintenance of my beetle. Wanting to keep mine as original as possible, other than dash gauge upgrades. Hopefully some of thge more senior members can help in our search.
it's quiet around here isn't itwayhilc, other marc forums I've been on have had a load more responces. Looking on e bay, there are a few books on Beetle restoration, one by Haynes, though it does cover bus resto too. Like that fact you are keeping your Beetle factory standard, appart from the dials. I'm doing the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There dvd's available. They are called bug me. they come in different series such as replacing heater channels, Rebuilding engines etc, very good series and I do believe their about 8 dvd in the complete set.

·
Registered
385 Posts
it's quiet around here isn't itwayhilc, other marc forums I've been on have had a load more responces. Looking on e bay, there are a few books on Beetle restoration, one by Haynes, though it does cover bus resto too. Like that fact you are keeping your Beetle factory standard, appart from the dials. I'm doing the same.
More like dead, kinda disappointed so far. Was looking forward some good networking with fellow VW owners, not happening yet, maybe just the season, everyone busy and such. Anyhow welcome, hope you can find what you are looking for, stay in touch

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know. I have noticed a lot of post on this site that are dead. I was kind of hoping to find a real active site. At any rate if you look on the web for bug me videos I am sure you will be able to find them If not let me know and I will try to get you the info. you can buy just what yiu need or buy them all. They are quite well done.The guy that produces them is from florida.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There dvd's available. They are called bug me. they come in different series such as replacing heater channels, Rebuilding engines etc, very good series and I do believe their about 8 dvd in the complete set.
Bug Me videos are good....try renting one for $14 or so and see if it fits your style. You will understand when you see it....BTW, YouTube has snitches of the videos so you can get a flavor for em beforehand......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts