Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear VW,

The fewer than 2,500 Phaetons sold in the US is, evidently, not deterring you from bringing the car back. Why? I understand you want to surpass Toyota as the world's highest selling brand but you're not a luxury marque and the previous weak sales of the car has demonstrated that. You can't change people's perception by forcing something they won't buy onto them. Someone driving an Audi A8, BMW 7-Series, or Mercedes S-class is not going to buy a VW which, as its name indicates, is for the people (i.e. the masses) and therefore not an exclusive (i.e. the few) brand. On the other hand, the cars that people would surely buy such as the Scirocco and Polo, those we don't get to see in this country. It boggles the mind! I know, I know there's the cost of importing the cars and the profit margin, blah, blah, blah... You guys are smart, I'm sure you could figure out how to get the cars we want to us at a price we can afford.

Sincerely,

A VW enthusiast

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
The reason the Phaeton flopped was because, back in the Mk4 days, VW wasn't a premium brand. Now, with cars like the CC putting them back on the map, and Hyundai/Kia offering a premium "flagship" sedan, I'm fine with this choice.

That being said, it must carry SIGNIFICANTLY more value than walking next door to Audi. An "A8" for an A6 (or better, A4) price would do well.

·
So Sofistikated
10,617 Posts
Honestly after working for vw for a few months and being in the phaeton...

its awesome, in every way. Its design is crazy and just uber thought out. Everything oozes quality. Its huge too.

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly after working for vw for a few months and being in the phaeton...

its awesome, in every way. Its design is crazy and just uber thought out. Everything oozes quality. Its huge too.
Of course it does, it's an A8 with VW badging :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts