Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

361 - 380 of 579 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Cheers Wayne, Cheers Jax. I will keep you all updated on progress for sure.

Today was checks on My Morris Minor Pickup, Alice. Battery, check, brakes, check, new exhaust brackets check, new Condenser, Check, she's ready to roll, and what a beautiful day for a test drive.
Alice on a test run g.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Glad shes purring right for you. Is she unique over there, a real beauty for sure. Really like the vintage autos and trucks
the Pickups were numerous in their day, they started disappearing from the roads in the UK around the late 70's, early 80's. I've only ever seen three other Morris Minor Pickups in Sussex, and one of those is a converted/cut down and converted Van. Alice left the factory in 1968 as a Pickup.

back to Mickey, and time to remove the glued on sound insulation material from the back shelf to see what's underneath.
shelf after wire wheel.png

rust holes either side.
hole on right of shelf.png

hole on left of shelf.png

·
Registered
344 Posts
the Pickups were numerous in their day, they started disappearing from the roads in the UK around the late 70's, early 80's. I've only ever seen three other Morris Minor Pickups in Sussex, and one of those is a converted/cut down and converted Van. Alice left the factory in 1968 as a Pickup.

back to Mickey, and time to remove the glued on sound insulation material from the back shelf to see what's underneath.
View attachment 43588

rust holes either side.
View attachment 43589

View attachment 43590

View attachment 43588

rust holes either side.
View attachment 43589

View attachment 43590
not to bad actually

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
Time to deal with the parcel shelf later, today's task was fixing this ugly rust hole right here in the luggage compartment right in the corner of the petrol tank support.
first luggage bay hole.png

it's a double skin hole, needs cutting square and welding up with new metal. Inside skin first, and while I'm there that corner piece has rusted out and also needs a new curved piece in there.
luggage hole a welding in.png

it all looks such a mess till you get a skim of easy sand over it and sand it back.
luggage hole a fixed.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
there should be a hole here, for the cable to the lights, but it's worn itself too large, needs cutting out and a new piece with the right size hole drilled in it, let in.
hole for wires got bigger.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #368 (Edited)
moving on so quick I can hardly keep up, hole welded up, now onto this one in the middle of the luggage floor, the repair piece needs slight trimming one side to make it pop in flush.
needs trimming to fit flush.png

close study of the cut out holed and pitted piece shows that the rust treatment is doing it's thing.
k rust doing it's thing.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Last hole welded up in the luggage bay floor.
LAST LUGGAGE FLOOR HOLE WELDED UP.png

the luggage bay is nearly done, time for a sand down and coat of primer.
last hole in luggage bay floor done.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
I'm painting the engine bay, the luggage compartment and the wheel arches with tough, hard wearing brush applied black paint, these areas will benefit form this tough, rust resistant garage door paint. The bodywork will all be white outside, but the concealed areas, including the belly and floor, will all get a few coats of this.
paint it black.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
My Cat, Teddy Bodkin, takes a great interest in my latest project, mainly because it once was a home to Mice, none today, but he can but hope.
FNS wheel arch painted black.png

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm painting the engine bay, the luggage compartment and the wheel arches with tough, hard wearing brush applied black paint, these areas will benefit form this tough, rust resistant garage door paint. The bodywork will all be white outside, but the concealed areas, including the belly and floor, will all get a few coats of this.
View attachment 43629
That will protect it for sure
My Cat, Teddy Bodkin, takes a great interest in my latest project, mainly because it once was a home to Mice, none today, but he can but hope.
View attachment 43631
Not to sure the cat appreciate s all your hard work

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
pokeing the bodywork with a screwdriver I discovered one hole I was unaware of. Here it is welded up and smoothed out with easy sand.
new hole above whel arch b png.png

another area of interest, in comparison to how it looks now to how it looked earlier in the year, is here in this internal corner above the floor pan.
inside the wheel arch easy sanded.png

this was once a jagged rusty hole only a few weeks ago.
well lite jagged rust hole.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
the area underneath, below the dash at the front is sanded and ready for a wipe down and coat of hard wearing paint.
ready for some garage door paint.png

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
still loads to do on the body, but it is moving in the right direction, Monday I'll be ordering floor pans from the Heritage center.
in black paint.png

361 - 380 of 579 Posts