Discussion Starter #641
the new rear rubber blocks bolted up

the left side lined up bolts holes

right side one, needs a bit of a shove.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
the original nuts & bolts were run through a tap & die set to clean up their threads, those too far gone are replaced with new.

quick check that my marks still line up before a quick nip up of the bolts.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
the forward bolt will come off again to position the bump stops when I order them, this one has broken off the mount for the rubber part.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
bolted up the earth strap from gearbox to forward mount, now for the brake backing plates. Unlike the front with three bolts, these have four, and are orientated with the slave cylinder at 12 o'clock.

next the adjusters....

and some new shiny hardware.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
small original parts to be re used, put through the electrolysis process, cleaned up with a rag soaked in brake parts cleaner, now dry and ready for paint.

a coat of grey primer from an air can.

the black spray applied, the parts need to be rotated on the wood blocks and then turned over when the paint is dry.

the clutch cable guide bracket.

the rear inspection/access plate cover hanging up out of the way to harden off the paint.
it's easy to get a reasonable finish on small parts with a good quality spray can.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
the wing nut, I'll pass the tap though that later to clean up the threads of paint.

the handbrake guide, thought I'd lost this and would have to pay £10 for a new one. But it was still attached to the cable. I placed a page of newspaper behind it for a final coat, just to cover spots left where it sat on the wood block.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
fitting the new clutch cable was a breeze.

the lugs, in the bell housing, more forward and backward, that's a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
re fitted the shoes after bolting on the hub end cap, still not right, the tops of the shoes are still too wide to fit the drum. Needs tweeking somehow, might be the handbrake, that needs connecting up.

moving over to the pedals, the clutch and now the accelerator cables fitted up, dead easy. Holes in the Napoleon hat left side welded up and repainted. now to fit up the brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
It's in at last, with a little Jiggory Pokery, had to elongate the right bolt hole so they would all line up.

nice and firm with no movement. That's done, on with the last brake shoe fitting.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
the clutch bracket is now bolted on, needs an exit grommet to stop it chafing.

Chassis detail work, as instructed by Chris Vallones you tube pages, really informative.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
brakes drums back on, with no room to spare, (the handbrake link bar was on upside down) on fours wheels again, temporary build wheels, that will be changed in due course.

the pipe kit bends without kinking, apparently.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
connected to the master cylinder, the pipe then runs through the front bulkhead...
fitting brake pipe first pipe shaped.png

and down the side of the tunnel to the back.

through the rear bulkhead into the back brass union, the pipe needs a upward curve over the torsion bar tube to take out some slack in the length of the pipe.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
bent to shape using a socket to get the curve, keeping it away from the edge of the floor so as not to wear it through with the vibration and cause a leak.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #657
the second longest length still isn't long enough to reach the left side rear flexible hose join, do I buy a longer flexible hose of pay out the pipe to stretch and reach it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
the flat brackets need bending up 90' to meet the pipe and flexible hose connection.

the shortest length still too long, needs a S bend put into it so it can reach the bracket.

641 - 659 of 659 Posts