Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
881 - 887 of 887 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
They look nice and solid John, don't matter if they are originals or not, so long as you can tweek them to fit.

I'm going to paint the curve of fixed nuts above the left rear arch in Chassis black to keep the oxygen out and corrosion at bay. Black where it won't show. Then clean them all out with the cut bolt.
View attachment 46765

the wing painted on it's inside surface with chassis black, hopefully this will help extend it's life.
View attachment 46766
I was thinking of doing that too. Mostly to save expensive automotive paint

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #883 ·
I was thinking of doing that too. Mostly to save expensive automotive paint
Do you know john, that is a remarkably simple but good point, why not colour code the vehicle, everything underneath or out of sight= chassis black, leaving less painted surfaces to be covered in as you say, expensive auto paint colour. Love it.
Hood Automotive lighting Window Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #884 ·
That is the rear wings fitted, for now, I've ordered two front wings from my local Heritage center and a roll of wing to arch gasket.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Window

click and collect that and the two front wings, on special offer, £80 each for Galvanised wings.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

so I'll get a picture of those in the back of the pickup before the Argy Bargy of wing fitting re-starts.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #886 ·
the right wing hooked up out of the way while I deal with the left side.
Fixture Input device Fender Peripheral Composite material

the left wing trial fit, a lot of hard work getting that to fit well ahead. step by step and lots of tea breaks, before the tension gets too much to bear and items find themselves moving at high speed toward an immovable object, like the workshop wall.
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

881 - 887 of 887 Posts