Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Passat estate
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I've had my 2014 passat estate for a year....great car, great drive, really pleased in general.....just returned from Scotland holiday ( towing caravan...effortlessly)
What is the least inexpensive way I can update the sat nav ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
I've had my 2014 passat estate for a year....great car, great drive, really pleased in general.....just returned from Scotland holiday ( towing caravan...effortlessly)
What is the least inexpensive way I can update the sat nav ?
Hi, I've had difficulty tracking down a map update for my 2014 Passats sat nav. Indications were it was going to be circa £150 but Depending on what model unit you've got installed there may not be one available any more. To get round my problem I used Google maps navigation on my phone on a dashboard mount that's paired to the car and switch the audio unit to media/Bluetooth input. This broadcasts the announcements through the car audio and interrupts Spotify or whatever music/audio book you're playing so you get them. It's reaction time to traffic notices is better than the VW unit too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I've had difficulty tracking down a map update for my 2014 Passats sat nav. Indications were it was going to be circa £150 but Depending on what model unit you've got installed there may not be one available any more. To get round my problem I used Google maps navigation on my phone on a dashboard mount that's paired to the car and switch the audio unit to media/Bluetooth input. This broadcasts the announcements through the car audio and interrupts Spotify or whatever music/audio book you're playing so you get them. It's reaction time to traffic notices is better than the VW unit too.
Agree - save your money and use Goggle Maps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bit late I know but I've just updated my 2016 Passat's map via the VW UK site and it was free.
I had the Europe map on my SD card but the update is now larger than the oem vw SD card will take, so I selected a small map which still included the UK, about 9GB download. I did it all via the Discovercare app on my laptop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts