Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 VW Rabbit, 2.5L, 5 cylinder
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all!

I'm new here (and, unfortunately, not very mechanically inclined). I tried searching for an existing thread, but didn't see anything they exactly matched, but I bet your forgiveness if I've erred in anyway!

The secondary air injection pump hose cracked on my '08 Rabbit (2.5L, 5 cylinder). While searching for a new one (part #07K131125E, I believe), I noticed something odd: all of the replacement parts include a connector for a sensor of some sort. This has caused some confusion because the part taken off of my car does not have this. I can't seem to find a version that doesn't have it, so I'm in a pickle. Can I replace it with the part that includes the connector, and if I do, what do I connect it to? And why didn't the old one have this component?

Thank you all in advance for any help or information you can provide this noob!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello, all!

I'm new here (and, unfortunately, not very mechanically inclined). I tried searching for an existing thread, but didn't see anything they exactly matched, but I bet your forgiveness if I've erred in anyway!

The secondary air injection pump hose cracked on my '08 Rabbit (2.5L, 5 cylinder). While searching for a new one (part #07K131125E, I believe), I noticed something odd: all of the replacement parts include a connector for a sensor of some sort. This has caused some confusion because the part taken off of my car does not have this. I can't seem to find a version that doesn't have it, so I'm in a pickle. Can I replace it with the part that includes the connector, and if I do, what do I connect it to? And why didn't the old one have this component?

Thank you all in advance for any help or information you can provide this noob!
Contact FCP Euro directly. They can answer all of your questions and supply you with the parts needed. They have fair prices - not cheap, but you get what you paid for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts