Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help with an annoying feature of my 2016 Passat estate which is driving me mad. I am an electrician and when using the tailgate of the car after around thirty seconds the car locks itself even with the tailgate still in the open position. This isn't a problem until I return to the car to fetch something and then the alarm activates. I have been to Bristol Street Motors (main vw dealer) and they tell me that it can't be changed. It is doing my head in and I can't believe that it can't be changed. Even more annoying it locked with my keys on the passenger seat recently, not impressed! Can anybody please help?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It should not self lock with a door open. If I unlock my Jetta, and do not open a
door, it locks 30 seconds later. If I open a door, or trunk, then close, it does not.
If I pull the key from the ignition after driving, get out, close the door, it does
not lock/arm on its own.

So, does it lock with a DOOR open, or just the tailgate?

Also, how does the alarm activate if it is locked? You said if you leave, and come back
the alarm sounds, well, how can it, if it's all locked up; which means all the doors and
tailgate are locked. That doesn't make any sense at all...

Something is wrong, it should not lock/arm with any door open.

Open one of the doors and leave it open, see if it rearms and locks, it should not.
This would mean a sensor is not working in the tailgate, at the latch.

I had a car that had passive locking, but would NEVER lock with anything open.

Should be able to be changed in VCDS...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts