• You did a crappy job ken.

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the verdict? like what I did or hate it??

have you checked out the new myspace like social community?

lightbox for photos

and much more!

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
So what's the verdict? like what I did or hate it??

have you checked out the new myspace like social community?

lightbox for photos

and much more!
I like the new look and feel... easier on the eyes and for navigating around. I haven't really messed around with the social community features, but in general the changes are great! If I had to be nitpicky about one thing, it's two shades of green on the default layout. You have lime green for links and a pea green for visited links, and they sorta clash.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think the sites looks great(It was great before and is now even better). IO just created a UG Army group in the social comunity. it's pretty cool good job with the site

·
Premium Member
16,519 Posts
Am I retarded? On the new default skin how do you tell if you have viewed that thread already. Generally its a color or bold change. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Bright green new thread not viewed. Pea green Thread thats been viewed

Update
Bold bright green New post in a thread that you have poseted receantly. Pea green Post that you have viewed but not posted in

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
exactly.

like I said, not to nitpick, but the two shades of green are so similar... yet clash. Maybe it could be changed to something like lime green for new thread, Fahrenheit orange for viewed, etc. :)

·
Topless Moderator
6,589 Posts
i never use the ROC default so i barely remember what it looked like. i just know it's black and green and my eyes can't handle a black background with bright font, i use vbulletin default.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The new features are cool, but I am not a fan of the new header. Way too busy IMO.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bright green new thread not viewed. Pea green Thread thats been viewed

Update
Bold bright green New post in a thread that you have poseted receantly. Pea green Post that you have viewed but not posted in

hahah thats so confusing

anyways

it looks awesome :) the Thumper rabbit on the top right ...one of my fav pics on ROC haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am a web designer and I think it looks better. I also like that you kept the same feel since it already has some nostalgia to it.

·
Administrator
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not through with a LOT of things including the css. As for the VB default, I'm working on one that I'm sure you'll love. It's very similar theme to the VBdefault but looks way better. I'll probably do away with some of the other themes to allow updates to work better. I'll also have pics of the themes, members rides and articles on the front page very soon.

I actually thought of making all of my sites have the same default theme and keep them in blue and black. But the last Time I changed the color of the theme on here I got blasted. But be forewarned. I'm going to make this place ROC very soon.
ken

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
I dunno, I think it might grow on me. I think there is a little too much going on at the top of the page. Move the rabbit with crossbones to the left in place of the other rabbit. Might be able to do something better with the words around the car. I almost want to click on them.

I think there needs to be more of a distinction between the colors of new threads and read threads.

Otherwise, it's good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
suggestion:
Have a selection of headers that ppl can select to suit their preference. A few more designs would be pretty cool. (some with different rabbit photos, or different logos, some more simple, or more photoshoped, etc.)

Good Job though. Love the ROC Logo with the website address below it.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Re-add that 'Home' button ;)

I like it so much that I gave you some moniez :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts