Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just recently got a 2016 Jetta Sport which came with 17" wheels. I'm looking to get a set of 16" steel wheels to mount snow tires. Is there really any difference between a 2015 Jetta Sport and a 2016 Jetta Sport in regards to the wheels that fit? Several websites have indicated that wheels won't fit the 2016 but will fit a 2015? or will fit a 2016 but not a Sport? Help...the snow is coming, thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So to answer my own question, no there is no difference. The same standard 16" steel rim will fit. Surprisingly the local VW dealer parts guy was extremely helpful confirming wheel compatibility based on my VIN. New VW OEM steel wheels from dealer $163/each. Local parts guy suggested looking for used, no kidding. I found refurbed OEM steel wheels online for $52/each delivered from wheelstiresandmore dot com They arrived individually boxed and look brand new. If anyone cares I'll follow up to let you know how they spin balance when tires are installed. So for snow tires I found Sumitomo-Ice-Edge-205-55R16 tires at Walmart, currently $75.10/each plus local sales tax again delivered. They seem to be well rated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts