Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend who owns a 01 beetle, all the plastics are very sticky. i heard from my other friends that most vw and audi have the same problem after a few years from delivery. Will tiguan has the same problem? if so , how to prevent it?:p

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
my friend who owns a 01 beetle, all the plastics are very sticky. i heard from my other friends that most vw and audi have the same problem after a few years from delivery. Will tiguan has the same problem? if so , how to prevent it?:p
Frankly I don't believe a word of "MOST vw and audi" have this problem, I've NEVER heard of it. Somebody in another forum suggested it has been known to occur if there's a faulty product used BUT my guess would be in most cases it's a matter of the way the interior was maintained. Certainly something I've NEVER heard of in vw or audi or any other vehicle for that matter and I would say you're worrying about nothing, sounds like a case of scare-mongering to me.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree with NZ. I have a '97 Jetta and it has gone through cold weather of Michigan to the Arizona and Nevada heat. I may have other niggling issues but not a single on involving plastics. In fact, as an ex-automotive engineer, I know that most automakers use VAG vehicles as benchmark while developing new interiors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Tig is VW number 4 in our family. The previous ones were a transporter, Eos and Golf and we never had any problems with interior finish, rubbers or pastics. One of the reasons my wife likes VW is because the interior is simple and uncomplicated. My mother bought a beetle and loves it too, i've never asked her about the plastic but I think she would let me know if it was a problem.

When my wife had her Golf I had a 307 Peugeot tourer and she won on every comparison except emission, (the golf blew more smoke than the Puggot). At one point I took the pug back to the dealer because the 'leather' around the gear stick had a tear which grew to be a hole, the upholstory had come away from around where the rear seat backs folded down and the fire wall lining came loose above the controls in the drivers footwell - and the car was only 12 months old. The gear stick problem was never fixed but after just over two years we sold both cars for more than our lease payout so we were pretty happy.

enjoy your driving, buy a VW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my beetle since 2000 and am the original owner. All my plastic insides are sticky. Inside of doors, front of glove box, under steering wheel, around radio, you name the place, it is sticky. I don't smoke. The problem started very early on and got no help from the dealership. Now it is really bad and wish I had a way to fix it cause I love my diesel bug which runs super and gets 40 miles to the gallon. I have always taken good care of my kkrcha.

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
Holy three year old thread revival :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
its called soft touch paint..it gets that way afterwhile.....also i bet your beetle smells like crayons too right??... its normal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frankly I don't believe a word of "MOST vw and audi" have this problem, I've NEVER heard of it. Somebody in another forum suggested it has been known to occur if there's a faulty product used BUT my guess would be in most cases it's a matter of the way the interior was maintained. Certainly something I've NEVER heard of in vw or audi or any other vehicle for that matter and I would say you're worrying about nothing, sounds like a case of scare-mongering to me.

Cheers

I can disagree with you strongly- My whole dashboard is sticky and its so weird to touch anything. It is a 2007 beetle but this is definately not normal. So you must have gotten lucky... but the rest of us arent lying if there is more than 1 of us with the same issue. Advice is suggested only! Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can disagree with you strongly- My whole dashboard is sticky and its so weird to touch anything. It is a 2007 beetle but this is definately not normal. So you must have gotten lucky... but the rest of us arent lying if there is more than 1 of us with the same issue. Advice is suggested only! Cheers
I own an '07 Beetle and my dash is sticky. I am trying to clean it. Any suggestions of products or techniques would be very helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts