Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so out of nowhere I turned the key and nothing happen except a slight humming noise...turned key back tried again and same thing. After a couple of tries it started (Weird). so now every time i try to start it it either starts right up or I have to keep trying. When it doesn't start it doesn't even turn over. If it was the starter they just never start again and I just had it replaced 3 years ago. I was reading some other forums and they said starter relay...any suggestions???

·
Registered
0 Posts
Clicks usually mean low voltage or poor connections. The electric starters job is to turn the pinion gear which is supposed to mesh with the teeth on the huge ring that forms the edge of the engin flywheel. Since the starters pinion gear cant remain meshed with thee flywheel when the car is running it would burn out the starter (which could be your problem). If your solanid fails, or is corroded it can cause issues as well. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Starting problems can be very frustrating because there are so many things under the hood that can keep a car from starting. To start, have you checked you battery? You could have a battery corrosion or a bad battery. It can also be caused by a bad ignition switch. If your battery checks out, but the starter is still silent, it may be a faulty ignition switch. Or you could have a bad starter connection. But before checking all this stuff, better check the fuses first. The main culprit may be just a bad fuse. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts