Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All right guy and gals, here is the much requested Rabbit Emblem DIY. Really, there is not much to it and there are two ways of doing it.

Since this is an after thought, I will not be taking step by step pictures, but you should all be able to follow.
To do it the way I did it, you will need the following: Dental Floss or fishing line, Goo Gone, Paper towels, a razer blade or box cutter, and 3M double sided adhesive tape.

I will use my 2.5 badge to demonstrate.

First, the way I did it.
1. Remove Rabbit emblem from hatch.( I like the clean look.)

2.Peel old 3M tape from back side of emblem.
Before

After

3.Place emblem on strip of 3M Tape and Cut strip to fit emblem. Press tape fully into emblem so there is not any air in between.

4.Clean VW emblem.

5.Press Rabbit firmly on to its new home. Voila!

Or you could do it this way
http://www.parts4euro.com/cgi-bin/P...tion=view_product&productID=100074&category=9

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it'll be better once I get pics up.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about those prices. Either one is over priced. Added pics.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I noticed this in an earlier picture of yours, and thought you had a GREAT idea, and it looks sweet! How is the mount holding up this far (washing/drying the vehicle)? It looks like there's a pretty decent mount surface there, but the overhang (while looking great) made me nervous about it's stability. What have you noticed?

BTW - did I mention that you did a nice job?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed this in an earlier picture of yours, and thought you had a GREAT idea, and it looks sweet! How is the mount holding up this far (washing/drying the vehicle)? It looks like there's a pretty decent mount surface there, but the overhang (while looking great) made me nervous about it's stability. What have you noticed?

BTW - did I mention that you did a nice job?
Thanks. Has not move at all. Stands up to the wash mit and freeway speeds. For the first week I would look for it every time I parked. Every one thinks it is OEM.

Reactions: BBB

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanx for the great tip Akdakota. I've been holding onto mine ever since I removed it from the back and wasn't sure how it would be used. It's going up front this weekend!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Rabbit is still standing strong on the front of the car.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K, just received 2 pm's this last week for this. Bump

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
59 Posts
I want to do this same mod, but I still kind of don't understand how you did it. You just 3M'ed the Rabbit on top of the front VW emblem? So it's just... On top of it? Not inside?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts