Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few other F1 fans here, so let's start a thread. Talk about rumors, news, post pics, talk crap about a driver, whatever.

Race results will be discussed, so don't check in to this thread until after the race - Spoilers WILL BE POSTED.

Here's a good link with a video showing the new 2009 rule changes:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/13/video-red-bull-racing-gives-a-virtual-tour-of-2009-f1-cars/

Let's kick off a discussion - F1 moving from ITV to BBC. I think we'll see a lot less British bias. David Coulthard will be a commentator, any thoughts about that?

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, Ferrari is bringing back that stupid system with the lights.

It's great that they'll have active aerodynamics now. KERS I think is very dangerous - as soon as the system fails, boom, and chemical fires are not pretty. Not to mention the huge electrical energy stored. One of the BMW pit guys already got hit by it and it wasn't pretty. I think it's dumb.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, no need to be a seasoned fan to comment. Hell, even if you just watched your first race, haven't seen a race and had questions, whatever, just for general discussion, and the topic happens to be Formula 1 :p

·
Premium Member
11,281 Posts
I've been an F1 fan for a long time, and seen some of the great stars including Gilles Villeneuve at the Montreal venue. It's real driving compared to just chasing around an oval, which I think is a bit of a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
quite agree. i don't care for the redneck races. (aka nascar)

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll say that DRIVING around the oval track is a BLAST. But yeah, you can go flush Skittles down a toilet and it's like watching a NASCAR race. F1 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better to watch. Especially this season, since they made the cars have no downforce, so we'll see lots of overtaking.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'll say that DRIVING around the oval track is a BLAST. But yeah, you can go flush Skittles down a toilet and it's like watching a NASCAR race. F1 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better to watch. Especially this season, since they made the cars have no downforce, so we'll see lots of overtaking.
actually the flushing skittles thing sounds pretty damn fun! brb

·
Registered
4,115 Posts

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WRC used to be cool, but now that Subaru's out, no point.

I'm a McLaren guy, not such a fan of Ferrari.

·
Registered
134 Posts
was doing some searching for current f1 races cause it seemed really interesting but to my dismay the season had just finished. When does the next season commence and where can I look for it to watch?

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Speed it going to have it, but their coverage is crap. I download all the races from a private tracker. I'm sure if you searched around on some torrent sites you could find the races.

Here's the 2009 schedule:

Date Race Track
Mar. 29 Australian Grand Prix Melbourne
Apr. 5 Malaysian Grand Prix Sepang International Circuit
Apr. 18 Chinese Grand Prix Shanghai
Apr. 26 Bahrain Grand Prix Bahrain International Circuit
May 10 Spanish Grand Prix Montmelo, Barcelona
May 24 Monaco Grand Prix Monaco
Jun. 7 Turkish Grand Prix Istanbul
Jun. 21 British Grand Prix Silverstone
Jul. 12 German Grand Prix Nurburgring
Jul. 26 Hungarian Grand Prix Budapest
Aug. 23 European Grand Prix Valencia, Spain
Aug. 30 Belgian Grand Prix Spa-Francorchamps
Sep. 13 Italian Grand Prix Monza
Sep. 27 Singapore Grand Prix Singapore
Oct. 4 Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka
Oct. 18 Brazilian Grand Prix Sao Paolo
Nov. 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love all circuit track racing , especially F1 , but it's damn near impossible to catch a good race at normal hours on any channel. Speed Channel is so random on their coverage. There are sooo many different types of cars racing out there everyday all over the world , yet all I seem to get is pinks re-runs and skittles going down the toilet. lol... the skittles
:c&b:

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha. That's why I download all of mine. I can watch it at my earliest convenience.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix gonna be at the new Ferrari theme park?
I'm not even sure if it's open yet, but it looks freaking amazing!
Roller coasters, test track, and the F1 track? Sounds like its worth a trip lol

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
quite agree. i don't care for the redneck races. (aka nascar)
Right there with you.
I was hoping to go to the US GP at some point and now it's gone once again. And now even the Canadian GP is out too :(. I'm hoping Bourdais can have a better season than last but with a team with not a lot of money it will be difficult.

·
Registered
606 Posts
F1 is great.

My favourite all time drivers in order:

1) Damon Hill
2) Martin Brundle
3) Jensen Button (never fulfilled his potential)

Favourite Teams:
1) Jordan (gone)
2) Williams
3) Renault

Love it love it love it

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think Speed it going to have it, but their coverage is crap. I download all the races from a private tracker. I'm sure if you searched around on some torrent sites you could find the races.
Awesome! Hopefully I can find a reliable source to watch. Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 145 Posts