Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
Essentially, Button needs a ten point lead heading to the season finale in Abu Dhabi to become champion.

Button wins the championship if:

He finishes on the podium regardless of where his rivals finish
He finishes third and Barrichello wins (91-81)
He finishes fourth and Barrichello doesn’t win (90 – 79)
He finishes fifth and Barrichello finishes second (89-79)
He finishes seventh and Barrichello finishes third (87-77)
He finishes eighth and Barrichello finishes fourth (86 – 76)
He finishes fifth and Vettel wins (89 – 79)
He finishes seventh and Vettel is second (87 – 77)
I have a headache now.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Yeah, but if AB wasn't partial and gave the entire story, I don't think it'll cause any conflicts.

The Italian team said Massa wanted to clarify his comments.
"What I've said is the outcome of a hunch I've had and is not based on any concrete evidence," said Massa, who insisted he respects that the FIA cleared Alonso of any implication in the affair.

"Obviously I'm very disappointed about what transpired last year in Singapore: I have already said several times what I thought about it and now it's time to close that chapter and to look to the future. What is certain is that this episode will not mar in any way the relationship I'll have with Fernando when we will be team-mates.”

And also....

Meanwhile, Alonso has played down Massa's dubious welcome to the Ferrari team after the latter insisted that he must have known about Nelson Piquet's notorious deliberate crash in Singapore last year.

"It's not very important for me," Alonso said. "I'm not too worried. It will not affect anything, me or the relationship - I actually think we will be great. It will be a good group and we will be very strong next year," he said.

Massa will be in the Interlagos paddock this weekend to meet with his colleagues and wave the chequered flag, but Alonso said he is not planning to sit down with the Brazilian to discuss the crash-gate comments. "Maybe we will have a chat, but I'm sure it won't be about this matter," he said.

"If we do have a chat it will be more about his recovery, that he seems well, about his experience at Ferrari. He has been there three or four years and I need to learn, to adapt myself a little bit quicker if possible. So anything I talk to Felipe about these days or in the future will be a huge help for me to know the team.”

·
Registered
606 Posts
Great race so far....5 minutes in and we have had multiple crashes...a fight...and a fire in the pit lane.

BRING IT ON!!!

Jensen is up to 9th.

·
Topless Moderator
6,589 Posts
i do not like F1 because the current race is the reason the man is at home and we're not going out until later :mad:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Oh YES...its all over...Jensen Button becomes the 10th Brit to win the F1 championship...and I couldn't be happier for the lad.

Heres a few fun facts (Geiko Lizard style)....

The most F1 champion drivers any other country has produced is a measly 3 (Brazil and Finland).

Britain has 14 total championships....Brazil is the next closest with 8.

Britain has 37 constructor championships.....Italy is 2nd with 19.

Some might surmise that Britain is the best ever..and they would be right. :)

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
I'm happy for Button but disappointed for Barrichello. I was hoping he would win his home Grand Prix since he's such a class act.
Evidently, Grosjean doesn't have what it takes to compete in F1 and Bourdais needed a more competitive car. When is the next Alain Prost going to appear????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh YES...its all over...Jensen Button becomes the 10th Brit to win the F1 championship...and I couldn't be happier for the lad.

Heres a few fun facts (Geiko Lizard style)....

The most F1 champion drivers any other country has produced is a measly 3 (Brazil and Finland).

Britain has 14 total championships....Brazil is the next closest with 8.

Britain has 37 constructor championships.....Italy is 2nd with 19.

Some might surmise that Britain is the best ever..and they would be right. :)

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
Er, what he said. Has there ever been two consecutive formula 1 world championships won by different drivers from the same country? None springs to mind. Is this more of the resurgence of British Sporting greatness? I'd rather see it in Zuid Afrika next year though!!

Happy for Button though!

God save the Queen too! :cool:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Er, what he said. Has there ever been two consecutive formula 1 world championships won by different drivers from the same country? None springs to mind. Is this more of the resurgence of British Sporting greatness? I'd rather see it in Zuid Afrika next year though!!

Happy for Button though!

God save the Queen too! :cool:
Word brother

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
Hamilton's out!?!?!?!

·
Topless Moderator
6,589 Posts
now i know why chad is slow to reply to texts right now, lol :rolleyes:

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
now i know why chad is slow to reply to texts right now, lol :rolleyes:
Well, the F1 season is now over so you wont have to worry about that anymore :)

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Best last few laps of a race in a long while.... Great battle between Button/Webber

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
Best last few laps of a race in a long while.... Great battle between Button/Webber
Agreed. I really thought Button was going to overtake him.

Next season should be interesting with the 'no refueling' regulation.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
So, for those of you who don't follow the news:

Mercedes is separating from McLaren - still providing engines, but McLaren is buying the 40% stake that Mercedes have. Mercedes will still be giving them engines.

Mercedes bought out Brawn GP, it will now be Mercedes GP and will be a silver car next year. Neither of the drivers will be staying with the team. Reubens is going to Williams.

Button is going to McLaren. It'll be the first time that the last two F1 champions will be on the same team. He is actually accepting less money to drive there than Brawn GP (now Mercedes) would have given him. He wants the challenge of racing Lewis in the same car.

Toyota announced their withdrawl from F1. BMW sought a buyer and were granted the '14th slot' - basically, they'd have a racing spot if another team dropped out. Toyotas withdrawl gave BMW the slot on the grid. It will now be Sauber GP.

Renault may be seeking a buyer as well.

I think that's it. If I forgot anything, be sure to post it up :p

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
I'm watching the 2000 season... Button and Heidfeld's debut season. Within the first two races they were saying Button had the making of a champion - he was a good driver even back then in his BMW.

Those cars look much more fun to drive. Currently, you can watch them drive around very technical. In the 2000 cars, you see them fling their cars around and REALLY drive them hard - it looks way more on-the-edge and way more fun.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts