Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
It's almost confirmed that Schumie will me driving for Mercedes next year.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
He'll likely never come back to F1 regardless of him being allowed or not. The FIA still won't allow it until all of their appeal options are exhausted.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's almost confirmed that Schumie will me driving for Mercedes next year.
Im not sure but i thought schumie was coming back with ferrari??!! i havent kept track for a while.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i guess it will be fun to see him in a new car and if he is still as great as he was

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
The only reason he came back was because of Ross Brawn. The man is a real genius and worked with Schumie for his entire career.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Im really torn now....Mclaren has Button and Hamilton...but Lotus is my home team...I was raised about 5 miles from the Lotus plant/test track in Norfolk, England.

Who do I support this year? :(

On a sidenote:

The award for least flattering official picture of an F1 driver ever goes to Robert Kubica

http://www.formula1.com/teams_and_drivers/teams/

and check out that loud 80's T-shirt too :eek:

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Lotus will likely be the best of the new teams. I think this season is gonna almost be two separate races, one for the established teams, one for the new teams (and back markers, likely). Lotus isn't gonna be near the top, but they do have some good talent on board.

I'm super freakin pumped. All the best drivers are in all the best cars. This is how F1 should be and it's great.

You should support McLaren really - two Brits, two most recent champions, and a British based team, what's there for you to not like? :p I don't see a problem with you supporting both teams, they're in two different races basically.

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
I'm just disappointed my countrymen have not been competitive and therefore do not have a seat in any car :(. I'll just have to reminisce about Alain Prost.

On a seperate note, WRC season starts in three weeks. Sebastien Loeb going for seven in a row!!!!

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
GP of Bahrain in a few hours. Taping it and watching it later though.

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
I guess this is my thread now :)

Well, the new season is approaching so I need to start looking into what to expect this season. So far the Bahrain GP is out and I wonder if the Japanese GP will survive. Lotus is a bit confusing since there are two teams with different management but both with Lotus chassis and Renault engines. Odd. The other main story is that the main tire supplier has changed from Bridgestone to Pirelli.

EDIT: I learned that Pirelli will be using six different colors to identify the tires that will be used during the races this season. And they are as follows
Orange = full wet
Light blue = intermediate
Red = super soft
Yellow = soft
White = Medium
Silver = hard

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Lots of news from this weekend's GP. Sauber did incredible, particularly Perez. But they were unfortunately disqualified due to part of their rear wing not meeting the specs. They're appealing it. Also huge congrats to Petrov, making the podium. I think Kubica woulda been fighting for the lead if he got 3rd. I was lol'ing at the commentary when Alonso was following him. "Alonso is following Petrov, he's got a lot of experience behind him. Unfortunately he doesn't have a lot of experience passing him"

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
I wondered too how Kubica would have done given Petrov's third place finish which really surprised me given he only had five top ten finishes last year and his best finish was fifth at the Hunarian GP. It looks like the Lotus chassis is working out a lot better.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts