Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 776 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I STILL haven't seen a new rabbit (aka 06' 07') around where I live. The other day I saw an '86. I have an hours drive to and from work and I drive a bit under the speed limit just so I can have a chance of seeing one, but no such luck yet. I keep thinking I see one, but then I get closer and it just hapens to be a Mazda 3, Toyota Matrix or a Ford Focus lol.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Re: Where are da rabbits?!?

Yeah, they're pretty scarce around here, too. There's one guy on base (we're Air Force) who has a black GTI and I've seen a red one once on base, too. Other than that I saw a blue one once while taking my daughter to school and a blue one in the Costco parking lot a few weeks ago. Not very many around, but I like it that way.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Lil Bunny Foo-Foo said:
Yeah, they're pretty scarce around here, too. There's one guy on base (we're Air Force) who has a black GTI and I've seen a red one once on base, too. Other than that I saw a blue one once while taking my daughter to school and a blue one in the Costco parking lot a few weeks ago. Not very many around, but I like it that way.
Tho, there is a nice looking GLI parked where I work. Yeah I love the fact that not a lot of people have them.

·
ROC Moderator
2,637 Posts

Ya like havin a car that not many people have. It original and you get more looks than a person with a civic or somethin

·
Premium Member
566 Posts

lol if your anywhere near NC, my dealership has like 8-9 rabbits in stock. from what I can remember 2x 4d White, 1x 2dwhite, 1x 2d red, 1x 2d dark blue, 2x 2d darkgrey, 1x 4d silver

·
Registered
50 Posts

I saw a shadow blue one at the mall about 2 weeks ago.
I saw a black one in my neighborhood about two days ago.
I passed a black one on the road yesterday.
I think I saw the back of a red one, but it could have been a GTI about a week ago.
It was too far ahead of me to be totally sure, it was 06/07 whatever the case.

Pretty few and far between, but overall I see many VW vehicles on the roads around here---I see many Bugs,Touregs, Passats, Jettas, Cabrios, GTIs and Golfs everyday.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here where I live its either a Passt or Jetta. I don't see many golfs at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Lil Bunny Foo-Foo said:
Which base are you at? I work at March ARB, CA.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I've seen 4 MKV Jettas 1 silver and 3 black.

The only Rabbit I have caught was in October in Tennesee. (I'm in Ohio)

·
Registered
7 Posts

I live in SW Virginia, and new Rabbits are scarce although we have a top notch dealer. I have an '07 sage, 4dr, with sroof. We drove a Mini Cooper S before getting the rabbit. I got nervous seeing Coopers everywhere, including used car lots. I'm happy with random sightings of the new rabbit, although these are sooo much fun, I think we should share 'em!!

Jerryshoppn

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I encourage you to post pics so we can see your bunny!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

DuJour said:
I STILL haven't seen a new rabbit (aka 06' 07') around where I live. The other day I saw an '86. I have an hours drive to and from work and I drive a bit under the speed limit just so I can have a chance of seeing one, but no such luck yet. I keep thinking I see one, but then I get closer and it just hapens to be a Mazda 3, Toyota Matrix or a Ford Focus lol.
the only one i've seen driving since we bought ours is OURS. not many (read: none) around here. i saw one parked before we got ours and i saw another one parked after we had one, too. it seems like they are a well-kept secret...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
61 Posts

there are alot of rabbits around where i live.... it's kinda like vw central... by the way here is a pic of mine as it sits right now.....

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Rockin the steelies. Silver makes the rabbit appear pretty wide.

1 - 20 of 776 Posts