Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

761 - 776 of 776 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
/Users/HellasLEAF FC/Desktop/GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg

My new Rabbit!! I love this car!! I'm so happy I passed on the civic and 3, I feel guilty driving this car it feels so much more expensive than it actually is!

*how do I load up this image from my computer??

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Yiasou olympiakara!

You need to open a photobucket account and upload there, then transfer the image link over.

Sent via mail pigeon using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Nice...i like the flag too. Lol welcome aboard.

Sent via mail pigeon using Tapatalk

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Wow, that's what stock ride height is like :) j/k, but not really.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I have an ansewer to why they are scarce in the USA.
I live in Canada, several years ago I had a contract 3 part job at chrysler brampton ontario plant, were we did vehicle build audits. I was sent by my company to chrysler plants across the states to set up the same.

Each time I was sent I was warned out right to rent an American made car! At first I thought this was a little over the top, come on really does it make that much difference? I did what they said anyway to keep my nose clean.

In Fenton I found out why, one plant worker drove his new toyota pickup, made in the usa to the chrysler plant he worked at. At shifts end, every worker that passed it key'd it until he arrived at it, then the guns came out, shot were even fired. No one hurt, big shock to me as I am from Canada, I never even held one, let alone know anyone with one.

My point, the USA has pride in "made in America" and if they were to buy foreign, their tastes are more towards larger sized cars. Fords smaller car the Focus is about the size of a 2012 Jetta, which is a larger VW. ( each are currently in my driveway ). Each use its body lines to make itself larger are smaller.

I thought the Mini was too small, my Rabbit isnt much bigger on the outside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By 3, i am guessing mazda, Good call! I live in Canada, the mazada 3's rust out their rear qtr panel within 5 years. Also they tend to rust on the hoods, very nice. If you bought a Rabbit, keep an eye on where the plastic meet the metal on the rear qrt panel / rear bumper meet. Got a small bubble under the paint, caused by the bumper vibrating against the paint as you drive. Cheap to fix if you see it early enough. Tip if you have your rear bumper off like I did, put the clear stone chip film over the new touch up and area prone. Its a buffer to prevent it, and you wont see it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ahh Raising the dead thread, Love it.

I think the key is to live in the sticks, I see plenty of these both new and old. When driving becomes a long trip to anywhere that is where the Rabbit really gets its ears.

761 - 776 of 776 Posts