Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used my blue Mk III for 22 years, and including on the original VW roof rack, it has carried tons and tons (of furniture I have made). I like the way it drives, only 1.4 litres, but direct and nippy. Probably difficult to get a car like this now - wind down windows, cheap to maintain). But ULEZ has put an end to it here in London. The car looks a bit wrecked, but is actually completely fully functioning - I always got it repaired properly. The best thing was it nearly died because oil pressure couldn't be maintained, but I managed to get hold of a replacement oil pump - so now it has got a new beating heart in its engine. Anyway, I ould have joined this forum ages ago, but now it is time to let go of the old car to someone who wants to gut it for all the good bits still on it - or use it somewhere out of London for all it is still worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a ball mount rack for bikes like this. It’s a bit older and a bit fiddly with 3 straps for each bike. It did come with a plate to stop it rotating around but that meant removing the ball every time I used it because I couldn’t tow a trailer with the anti-rotation plate fitted. Have rarely had any dramas with it rotating, mainly due to not tightening the connector properly.

After today, I’m looking for a better alternative. It’s taking too long to load and unload despite holding everything from a 12” glider to a 20kg big w fat bike securely with only occasion minor rubbing due to poor loading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts