Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, I bought an 2021 VW Tiguan. What a mistake! I was a longtime owner of a 2002 VW Passat. My greatest disappointment with my Tiguan was the useless buttons on the overhead console, with the information, wrench(roadside assistance) and SOS buttons. Why would I want to pay XXX dollars a month subscribing to something I would never use. For one, if an emergency, I would use my cell phone as I could more likely get immediate local medical assistance. For roadside assistance, I would also use my cell phone, for the few times I would possibly need it if the Tiguan was as reliable a car as the salesman told me (I never had a breakdown or flat tire for the 20 years with the Passat) and since I have been driving for over 50 years without an accident it might be another 50 years before I needed the SOS button. So Why does VW take something that was included in my 2002 Passat that I used everyday, (sometimes several times a day), to open my Garage Door (home link), for something that is entirely useless, that they hoped stupid people would sign up for and pay monthly payments of X dollars for the privilege of nothing. If I could figure out a way to replace those three useless buttons for Home Link Buttons that would open up my garage door, I would. If any one has an idea how I can replace those buttons, I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Does VW think their customers are that stupid?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why YES !! The car companies are all moving towards getting on a program of RMR, recurrent monthly revenue. Like your heated seats - monthly charge and so on!

Agree, sc..... the monthly charges however you and I are used to driving a car, that's going away along with the paper currency replaced by your iPhone, welcome to the new world.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts