Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New member here, just taken delivery of a 21 plate Tiguan Allspace. Still getting used to it but one thing I'm not clear on is what the levers to the right and left of the boot do. Photo with the levers circled in red. The icon suggests that they would drop the seats but they don't (that's carried out by the lever on the seat itself for both the second and third row of seats.

Dealer didn't know, suggested I asked VW UK. I contacted them, they suggested thatI contacted the dealer... I told them I had and they told me to contact VW UK. VW UK then suggested that the lever is to drop the second row of seats (not visible in the photo). This is not correct (it doesn't) and I'm now getting the feeling that the manufacturer's staff are just guessing.

My guess is this: in a previous design the rear seats were dropped using this lever, but the design of the third row of seats has changed to the lever on the seat and VW has forgotten to blank off the levers in the boot which are now redundant. But I would be interested if anyone else definitively knows the answer rather than my guess?

·
Registered
2021 VW Tiguan R-line Black 4‐motion
2 Posts
They are supposed let the 2nd row seat down. At least they do in my '21. But I opted out of the 3rd row.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts