Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tiguan car mats

Hi all, newbie VW owner here. We have just taken delivery of a brand new tiguan allspace 4 motion and I have a car mat question. The driver side mat is clipped down to the carpet with what I can only describe as nipple pins. The passenger side has the holes in the mat for the nipple pin to clip into but there are no nipple pins in the carpet which causes us to slip every time we get in the car, which isn't great as we have a disabled driver/passenger. The garage say it's always like that but I'm dubious. Why would there be holes in the mat if there arent supposed to be nipple pins in the carpet in the first place. Can anyone tell me what is normal, I feel the garage are fobbing me off! Thanks in advance Yvonne

Ylp69Forums IndexSubscribedParticipatedActive TopicsNew PostsPrivate MessagesWho's OnlineSign OutAdvertise with UsCopyright PolicyPrivacy PolicyExit Enhanced Mobile View

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ditto and totally agree, we received our new Tiggie with the same missing carper floor locating studs, and have had no joy with the VW garage. As you note:
1. Why do the (included) carpet mats have the fitted carpet locating studs receptacle if there are no studs?
2. Did a quick trawl of all the other NEW VWs in the local dealership they ALL had the fitted carpet locating studs
3. This does NOT align with all other VW AUDI group vehicles we've had either, even my Amarok pick up
4. Agree this is becoming a safety issue, and experiencing the passenger floormat moving around is NOT a quality approach that we'd expect from a new VW!!

What is your current position on this? I'm gathering evidence and have contacted VW to flag. Disappointed in responses to date. I suspect these have been 'accidently' omitted and VW UK are trying to avoid the cost of retrofitting them!

BTW in all comms, I'm asking the VW reps to 'unclip' their front passenger floormats to 'share our experience!!

Regards N

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a H&S advisor if I can help with anything! I think this a huge concern especially when wet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ditto and totally agree, we received our new Tiggie with the same missing carper floor locating studs, and have had no joy with the VW garage. As you note:
1. Why do the (included) carpet mats have the fitted carpet locating studs receptacle if there are no studs?
2. Did a quick trawl of all the other NEW VWs in the local dealership they ALL had the fitted carpet locating studs
3. This does NOT align with all other VW AUDI group vehicles we've had either, even my Amarok pick up
4. Agree this is becoming a safety issue, and experiencing the passenger floormat moving around is NOT a quality approach that we'd expect from a new VW!!

What is your current position on this? I'm gathering evidence and have contacted VW to flag. Disappointed in responses to date. I suspect these have been 'accidently' omitted and VW UK are trying to avoid the cost of retrofitting them!

BTW in all comms, I'm asking the VW reps to 'unclip' their front passenger floormats to 'share our experience!!

Regards N
If it is a Tiguan, it will be a "design flaw" not a safety issue. If black mold under carpeting from roof drains is not a safety issue, I can't imagine that a floor mat slipping under a brake peddle would concern VW at all. Easy fix, use a different glue at the joints, however, an ongoing problem since the first Tiguan. Good luck to you and shame on VW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Really weird.
Do you think this is a defect in the carpet or such a piece of well-thought-out equipment?
I'm leaning towards the first option. As already mentioned, the carpets are constantly sliding, which brings many inconveniences and is a dangerous moment, particularly for the disabled. Have you tried ordering other carpets? Although it will cost a lot of money (if you, of course, monitor the quality of the product). There is another option, the carpet repair agency provides services for the restoration of carpets of various complexity. Perhaps they could eliminate this defect to make the carpets static and non-slip. Then, you will feel comfortable and safe. Try calling 0480 022 643 and describe the situation. I am sure they will help you!

__
procarpetrepairs.com.au

1 - 5 of 5 Posts