Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light went on last week, so like a good Tiguan owner I brought it to my VW dealership. I got the call today I have $4k in repairs needed for my 2012 with 60k miles that I brought brand new. My heart sank..

Here is what they said was wrong, as I think this dealer my be trying to do more work than is needed. "Turbo Charger Replacement, housing ware waste gate, built in component of the housing of the turbo charger - the mechanical component. Also, the valve cover gasket"

Anyone have any thoughts on whether this is legit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
September 25, 2017 Received Bad Turbocharger Check engine light from Advance auto parts, took to dealer, their diagnosis was the same.
What I had noticed prior to check engine light coming On was periodically when accelerating there would be a short hesitation, as if you had bad gasoline.
Bought the 2010 Tiguan in Aug 2017 for my daughter. Heck of a problem after having the car one month.
From what I gather this is a very common failure. If you drive with the turbo not repaired it can & will ruin the entire engine.
My quote from dealer is $2,350 Plus Tax. Very angry & depressed as we try to get thru this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contact VW and tell them about the issue and they may pay for parts. They should have done a recall on this instead, but yeah we get to deal with it too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My check engine light went on last week, so like a good Tiguan owner I brought it to my VW dealership. I got the call today I have $4k in repairs needed for my 2012 with 60k miles that I brought brand new. My heart sank..

Here is what they said was wrong, as I think this dealer my be trying to do more work than is needed. "Turbo Charger Replacement, housing ware waste gate, built in component of the housing of the turbo charger - the mechanical component. Also, the valve cover gasket"

Anyone have any thoughts on whether this is legit?
Hi I have a 2012 Tiguan, bought new, 50k on it now and now I’m having to replace the engine. Started with an engine light, then EPC and now I’m having to replace the whole engine. I’m curious to know the rest of the story as to what happened to the car. I’m looking for clues and advices. My mechanic said he has seen at least 3 2012 Tiguan in last few months in similar situation; having to replace the engine. Any hint/tip/suggestion would help.
Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts