Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions/advice on the reliability and accuracy of the TPMS? I have a thousand miles on my 2011 Tiguan SEL, and would assume it's time to check tire inflation - but as there's no indication of low pressure from the TPMS, I wonder if this is necessary.

Also, when I collected the car the dealer told me the tires had been inflated with nitrogen. Does this matter - when routinely topping-up tire pressure?

For what it's worth (a lot, to me) the first thousand miles have been a trouble-free pleasure. My thanks to contributors on this forum - which I've found interesting and valuable.

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
it is good to get into a routine for checking your tire pressures. sometimes one or more can be on the low side, however, they won't be low enough to trigger the tpms. it can be enough to decrease your mpg or alter your traction though.

get yourself a good digital gauge and check the tires at least once a month. being that you have the nitrogen inflation, you shouldn't have to worry about them as much. however, if they are starting to get low, you may want to top them off with nitrogen...

welcome to the VWOC...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts