Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What triple square do you need to remove the seats in the 07 Rabbit? I'm looking to place an amp under the driver's seat and it sure would be easier if I could get that seat out of the way.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I too would like know. I probably have about $2-3 in quarters in between the rail.
dude, you can soo ride with me to work if you spit quarters out like that! lol

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
You need a 10mm triple square for your seats.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I too would like know. I probably have about $2-3 in quarters in between the rail.
That would make two of us.. I have countless amounts of change under the seats. Thanks for the info Nitro! ..

I'm RICH!! $$$$ (my whole couple of dollars worth of change that is...)

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
I read this post at work and I just stepped back, opened my box, looked at the one I use for seats, read it, and posted it lol. I hardly go by measurements, I just look for the socket I use for a particular application and use it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Contact your local Snap-On for the larger triple-squars, however, for that 10mm triple-square, NAPA will have that.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
oriellys has the triple squares

·
Registered
664 Posts
screw snap on. imo not worth the money unless your a proffessional who is going to use the tools on a daily basis. that 10mm tripple square from snap on will cost you around $35 or more. just go on amazon and search it. you can get a whole set for that price.

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
with my last car, i somehow ended up with a 10mm snap-on wrench in my toolbox one day how it got in there was beyond me...

i still have it, i'm going to sell it on ebay for 35 bucks, heh heh... :)

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Aren't they called Torx Bits?

And go with Craftsman, you can beat the heck out of them and replace them for free. :D:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
no, there are more splines on the tool. and there truly called tripplesquares
if you use a Torx Bit you will round them out, and trust me it is a pita to get them out then.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
:eek:ff:
you are still here, not much activity at the tundra forum?

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
no, there are more splines on the tool. and there truly called tripplesquares
if you use a Torx Bit you will round them out, and trust me it is a pita to get them out then.
Oh its the 12pt bit, that VW and Audi use ALL the time on EVERYTHING?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
five dollar richer cuz i took off my bench, i bought a set of triple square off ebay for about 25$ for my suspension work, it worked haha

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
For a diyer get the cheapest set you can find. I have a few different sets which vary in size depending what I need it for. I broke two bits in my life from the sets I have.... 6mm and 10mm. They get hard abuse daily from my impact gun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts