Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I almost had a panic attack on your behalf...if my car was covered in snow and salt from the road....I am really not sure how I would react.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best time of year to buy a car. I'm looking to expand the garage so this doesn't have to be the case. Right now the Mini is in there because it has difficulty starting in below zero temps.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
TCBinaflash said:
Best time of year to buy a car. I'm looking to expand the garage so this doesn't have to be the case. Right now the Mini is in there because it has difficulty starting in below zero temps.
What is the best way to take the salt off without going through a car wash and having your doors freeze together?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best just waiting it out I guess. Some indoor car washes open at 20 degrees but I'll wait until Friday when it is supposed to be 28-32 degrees out.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
TCBinaflash said:
Best just waiting it out I guess. Some indoor car washes open at 20 degrees but I'll wait until Friday when it is supposed to be 28-32 degrees out.
in the past few years, i've held the opinion that if you let the car get good and dirty right before winter, it will form a protective layer from road salt. then, just clean it real good in the spring. well, at least it makes me feel better when i rationalize it that way...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
S3aturnR said:
TCBinaflash said:
in the past few years, i've held the opinion that if you let the car get good and dirty right before winter, it will form a protective layer from road salt. then, just clean it real good in the spring. well, at least it makes me feel better when i rationalize it that way...

Sounds good to me!

s3aturnr

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
DuJour said:
TCBinaflash said:
What is the best way to take the salt off without going through a car wash and having your doors freeze together?
Dry off the Car...works for me everytime....

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Speedy07 said:
DuJour said:
TCBinaflash said:
Dry off the Car...works for me everytime....
If I had a garage to put the car in I would, but its just too cold to stand outside and wipe off the car. Maybe I could speed it up and down the highway ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts