Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my names Tim. So i drive a 2008 Vw Rabbit. It has 83k Miles on the engine so far. Ive only done a Apr Carbonio intake and some new Msw type 25 rims. So over the summer im gonna be making quite a decent amount of money. I would guess around 5-6 grand. Now Before i start DO NOT TELL ME TO GET A GTI. I understand its much easier to mod but I dont care. I want my car to be unique. Well as i was saying, that money i wanted to put towards my car. I was looking into getting a turbo for my car. So far the few people have have done this have gone with the C2 turbo. Now that stage 2 kit by itself is 4 grand then plus labor and everything. Im guessing 5-6 by itself. Now all that money is gone. Is there any other options so i could save money. I found this "Spulen 2.0 Tsi Turbo" for 2 grand but i dont know how reliable it. Also wouldnt it just be cheaper to put a GTI turbo into a Rabbit or does it not fit correctly. Thanks for your consideration.
PS. Im not a beginner at cars but im certainly not an expert.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Tim, I'm just a new member like yourself here on the VWOC forum, so take my advice with spoonful of salt, but I've learned a few things from perusing the threads on here, I think. I'm assuming your '08 Rabbit is a 2.5L (same as mine) since it is not a GTI, in that case you have a 5 cyl engine: so a turbo from a 2.0 TSi or GTi (both 4 cyl) will not be compatible at all. I've also been considering dropping a C2 stage 1 turbo into my engine (~$3k kit), but I'm not sure what other companies/shops actually make turbo kits specifically for our platforms (possibly United Motorsports, but so far preliminary Google searches have turned up only other blogs talking about it and no actual info on UM's website). Hope that helps gets you on the right path, and hopefully one of the gurus will jump on here and drop some real wisdom on us. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts