Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to do a bunch of stuff to my MK4 Golf GLS 1.8T. However I am not sure where to start. I am pretty much all stock minus my intake. What should I do first and so on? If you could please give me a list of upgrades and where to get these items it would be greatly appreciated. I am asking because I am getting back into the tuner scene after 15 years of not having a tuner. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cool deal. What are you trying to achieve? You want to upgrade suspension, horsepower, maybe just a different sound?

Put the phone down and Drive!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am wanting to put more horsepower under the hood with out blowing my engine. Sound, yes, I am wanting a deep throaty sound. I know that is hard to achieve with a 4 cyl. Suspension I have pretty much everything taken care of on that end.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are some exhaust setups that will come close to what you're looking for. I personally am drawn to the sound of the awe exhaust system. I wouldn't call it deep but it's got a really great sound, sort of like an exotic. There are some sound clips on YouTube. Kinda pricey though. A short throw shifter...(couple hundred bucks) will add to overall fun. Those things, and having your car tuned will make a noticeable difference in speed and quickness. Which tune to go with is a matter of budget and preferences. Tons of aftermarket gadgets and gizmos make these cars one of my all time favorites.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok great, I am going to look into that exhaust and I have a short throw shifter on the way. I have been looking around to get a tune on my ecu but everywhere I talk to or look on their site want 600+ dollars. Any suggestions with that?

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's close to the going rate give or take a couple hundred. Some brands you might look into...Unitronics, APR, Burger, Awe... the list is extensive. I do not know all the details or specific requirements for any particular brand. But researching is half the fun. Hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thank you for that information. I did find the A.W.E. exhaust and it has a beautiful sound but it doesn't have a beautiful price tag. LOL It may be worth it though. I am definitely going to order their suspension package they have listed on there from Eibach. If you can think of anything else that I can do to help me fix up my car it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Awesome thank you for that information. I did find the A.W.E. exhaust and it has a beautiful sound but it doesn't have a beautiful price tag. LOL It may be worth it though. I am definitely going to order their suspension package they have listed on there from Eibach. If you can think of anything else that I can do to help me fix up my car it would be greatly appreciated.
You're definitely welcome. I'm a bit of a reader, and this stuff is really interesting. Are you a part of any other forum? There are a few really knowledgeable people I follow around here, and in a couple of others. Some forums have fewer members and it seems as though you get quicker responses... depending on your questions. Mostly all that stuff is easily found here and there. I hardly ever use the forum search, it's much easier to use google. Google will link you straight to the threads. (*tip* always make sure you check to see if the question you're posing has been asked before) or keep your flame suit at the ready.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, thanks for the heads up. And no i'm not apart of any other forum. I am apart of Eurotic in Colorado Springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts