Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car had a problem where the key was stuck in the on position so I had to get the full ignition assembly. I went ahead and removed the immobilizer antenna with the clip and everything was ok until then. I bought the new assembly and I could not move it to the on position so I can install the immobilizer antenna again, now I'm almost sure that the part was defective from origin, but my mistake was that I didn't realize soon enough and went ahead and found a way to install it. Now, I have the immobilizer stuck in the wrong position and I can't remove it because it's not in the ON position, and the clip wont go in correctly. I don't know if anyone here has had that problem before, I've tried wiggling it and move the key the little that I can, but still haven't been able to remove the immobilizer antenna again. Please help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What might have happened here was that there is a small spring-loaded tab that will pop out & prevent the wheel lock from retracting. If you have the whole ignition cylinder out of the car currently, you'll see a black hardened steel cap near where the ignition wires connect to the barrel. What I did with this was I simply drilled it out & using a self-tapping screw, a vice, a pair of locking pliers & a ****load of yanking, I pulled the whole tab out from the outside. This is nothing but a secondary security feature in the even that the immobilized ring antennae is bypassed.

If that's the problem, I can send you a link to the instructions on removing the whole barrel.

What happened with mine was that a small bit of the innards of the barrel broke & would sometimes prevent the whole thing from turning. After disassembling the whole thing to clean it & find the broken bits & remove them, the tab popped out. It's almost impossible to get it pushed back in so it's easier to just remove it entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that looks very similar to my issue as you can see in the photo. I have the pin already in the hole, but no matter how much I move it it still won't pop out the immobilizer. I would really appreciate if you send me that guide. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh, I see. Apparently I need moderator review on my posts? Hopefully they get "approved" soon for you dude. It was pretty much a full walk-thru of the 2 potential causes & what to do in either case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts