Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Almost done with the 68 Beetle. I have had one to many espresso this evening to fit these tiny chrome pieces. Knew it was time to stop for the day after painting the rear signal LIGHTS. Got the fabricated front fender well completed and placed, to my surprise fit very well. Will tackle the exterior chrome and touch up paint tomorrow
Qq

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wayne, have you done a test fit with the body, just to check the wheel arches don't hang it up on the day of the big join up.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
looking smooth there ole Buddy, like the chrome parts, very shiney, reminds me of a line from Billy Joel.... "Chromium steel, and we're living here in Alan Town, and they've taken all the coal from the ground, and the Union people crawled away ay aya y, and we're living here in Alan Town".......
I'll be joining you soon with that Revell German Police car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
looking smooth there ole Buddy, like the chrome parts, very shiney, reminds me of a line from Billy Joel.... "Chromium steel, and we're living here in Alan Town, and they've taken all the coal from the ground, and the Union people crawled away ay aya y, and we're living here in Alan Town".......
I'll be joining you soon with that Revell German Police car.
Finally done with the Beetle, not super happy with the paint, but, will, hopefully get better as i get back into doing them.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
they came in a pair with a red and blue Pickup truck by Denys Fisher, the cars were designed to activate by a whip cord drawn through the fly wheel, and the cars would zoom across the carpet and collide causing all the parts to fly off, great fun, the doors flew off and are still missing on my Bug.
stock car smash up blaster bug right side.jpg

I have all the detachable wheels, bonnet, rear deck....
stock car smash up blaster bug.jpg

·
Registered
358 Posts
they came in a pair with a red and blue Pickup truck by Denys Fisher, the cars were designed to activate by a whip cord drawn through the fly wheel, and the cars would zoom across the carpet and collide causing all the parts to fly off, great fun, the doors flew off and are still missing on my Bug.
View attachment 42961

I have all the detachable wheels, bonnet, rear deck....
View attachment 42962
Probably a collectable. Hang on to it man

·
Registered
358 Posts
moving on with the Revell model kit, I'm choosing this colour scheme.
View attachment 42964
Nice, hope you are ready for a lot of tiny, real tiny pieces, believe me.
Since this is your thread , if ok with you, i want to post a project I am going to do. I want to actually build a modle of the camper/trailer pictured below, to include the inside furnishing and such. Normally i just throw away the modle scraps but going to use the parts frames to make the frame work. Will keep the 1/24 th scale thru out. So ok if i go for it on your threwad here? I actually located a lady over here, whose parents had one of these back in the 70s. She has send me some actual puctures, will be very helpful in replicating it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
yes Wayne, of course, build it here. Looking forward to seeing how you go about it. in the meantime I've started the first two parts..
engine early parts.jpg

·
Registered
358 Posts
yes Wayne, of course, build it here. Looking forward to seeing how you go about it. in the meantime I've started the first two parts..
View attachment 42969
Oh yeah looks very familiar, same start g point for mine, the carberator and fuel pump were a devil to in right, lol. Just wanted to check for s7re about us8ng y9ur thread, I gave had people walk all over a thread or two I started and ended up being totally different from where I started.

·
Registered
358 Posts
so the three first components with beginings of paint
View attachment 42988

the gearbox parts
View attachment 42989
Are you finding the attention to detail and its accuracy amazing, i sure did. The only thing i modified on mine was I cut both door windows down so they looked only partially rolled up, also used some of the scrap chrome pieces to make the tail pipes, instead of painting them like called for.
I had trouble getting the engine hood assembly to hinge well so cemented it in open position. Still undecided about the front hood, may try to hinge it some how. Anxious to see it completed.
Am currently working out a few drawings for the VW Beetle Camper modle I want to build, a little challenging. ENJOY

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
really like making scale models like this, very relaxing. The engine just needs a light airbrushing of oil colour to make it harmonize. I might make the Engine deck open like you have Wayne.
engine completed.jpg

·
Registered
358 Posts
really like making scale models like this, very relaxing. The engine just needs a light airbrushing of oil colour to make it harmonize. I might make the Engine deck open like you have Wayne.
View attachment 42991
Looks great, not sure which is easier to work on , the modle or the Real thing, am sure modle cement is more forgiving than welds. Of course the Real thing can take more man-handling and less prone to breaks for sure.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The Body in Grey primer with Mickey in the background.
body shell in grey primer b.jpg

the Primer is from Halfords Auto parts, but I always suggest testing any primer from a air can on scrap plastic first, don't want to melt your expensive model kit.
body in grey primer front.jpg

41 - 60 of 79 Posts