Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am rebuilding 1500 vw engine I found i have 7 lifters of one brand and have another set of differnt brand can i use one of those with the other 7.thanks

·
Registered
67 Bug. 2275cc, 10.1:1, 48IDA,Eagle2242Cam,2300Lb clutch, 3.85 diff. Lowered,roll bar, 5pt, swaybars
108 Posts
As long as they are the same physical size it should not matter. The most important thing, across all the lifters, is that the flat surface that contacts the cam lobe must be flat and in good shape. If there is noticeable wear on the lifter face, it should not be used as it will wear into the cam lobe over time. Lifter faces can be reground or get another set new. Any reason you are not using the other set of a different brand?

Regards

·
Registered
67 Bug. 2275cc, 10.1:1, 48IDA,Eagle2242Cam,2300Lb clutch, 3.85 diff. Lowered,roll bar, 5pt, swaybars
108 Posts
It reads that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as they are the same physical size it should not matter. The most important thing, across all the lifters, is that the flat surface that contacts the cam lobe must be flat and in good shape. If there is noticeable wear on the lifter face, it should not be used as it will wear into the cam lobe over time. Lifter faces can be reground or get another set new. Any reason you are not using the other set of a different brand?

Regards
I dropped one and it had a chunck taken out of it on the bottom.thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts