Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have had my Golf since Dec 2012 and the reverse lights do not work and i have had the fuses checked and the bulbs changed with the old ones still being intact.

It turns out it is the light switch, firstly where is this located on this model of the car, is it under/around the battery area or the gearbox in the car? If anyone knows where a manual pdf is for my Golf that may have this and other technical info?

Also is it something that can be changed without having to go to a garage as i have read various things about it online which varies from yes to no ultimately.

Secondly the light switch sensor/buzzer - i have noticed recently that when the lights are turned on and the drivers door is open with the keys removed there is no buzzer that goes off anymore..... is this something simple like a fuse being changed or something more indepth such as the electrics needing to be checked?

Thank you

· Registered
2 Posts
remove battary and battary tray, for better access it is on the gearbox and you need to unplug the switch, get a 22mm long socket undo it, then you can swap out for the new one then put it back together quite a simple job did mine today but still no reverse light i need to check my fuses in the morning then check any relays if i find them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts