Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive recently bought a 2002 Passat tdi 130, manual. Normal driving is fine but when i put my foot down to go up a hill for example in 3rd,4th or 5th gear the revs rise as does the engine note but its though im pressing the clutch pedal down thus not giving me the required power. The clutch has a high biting point and i do get a bit of juddering when pulling away in 1st gear. Is the clutch on the way out?? I dont believe its the turbo as that has a nice whistling sound. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your clutch is the culprit. I cannot recall if the clutch mechanism on your car is self-adjusting, but, if not, have it checked. If there is no 'adjustment' left (i.e. the clutch is wore out), then change it immediately. You could get away with changing the clutch disk only. If you leave it too long, however, you could score or otherwise damage the machined surfaces of the pressure plate or flywheel and that would result in greater cost as the entire clutch assembly would have to be either machined (if possible), or replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts