Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VW Polo 55 plate, I have been having an issue recently when the engine management came on amber, the car lost all power and was really juttery and jumpy, but when I turned it off and back on it was fine, I had it plugged into a computer at the mechanics which said coil pack 1 was down, I replaced this then it happened again shortly after, I have discovered it drives absolutely fine it’s only if you leave the car sitting on tickover for too long, then it begins shaking a lot and the engine management light comes on (if it isn’t still on, as after driving a little bit it goes away usually), i replaced coil packs again, and replaced spark plugs with the coil packs when I did this, it’s only an issue when sitting on tickover, driving though is fine assuming you havnt sat for too long, and turning the vehicle on and off again then runs fine despite the engine management light often staying on, does anyone know what else this could be, I had it at an mot garage today and it suggested an issue with a lamda sensor, since these are quite expensive to replace and may not fix the issue for sure, the mechanic said to take it to a more high end computer system to diagnose the exact issue, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if so what you did to fix the issue

1 - 1 of 1 Posts