Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a great little VW rust free pickup that has got me really frustrated. It was converted to carburator and was running GREAT! Then it started to chug and eventually it would not run. Then I'd shut it off and it would run again for a few miles and then start up again doing the chug thing. I replaced filter, wires, coil, ignition module and still nothing. Then I replaced the distributor and it ran great again for about 25 miles and then started doing the same thing again. It's grounded right to the transmission so that's not it. The coil gets pretty hot but don't know what could cause it. I'm desperate and am out of money and need to use this car to get around. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
3 Posts
check exaust back preassure. sounds like a cloged cat or muffler.go back to factory efi.
im building a 1.6 diesel for mine.better fuel economy than any hybrid out yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
funalaskan;bt181 said:
check exaust back preassure. sounds like a cloged cat or muffler.go back to factory efi.
im building a 1.6 diesel for mine.better fuel economy than any hybrid out yet.
i have owned an 82 rabbit diesel for 1 week. my first challenge is to locate a passenger side shock tower to fix it. the driveline seems to be ok other than rebuilding the shift linkage. i want the frugality without spending an arm and a leg. i am also uninformed about the damage due to the new no sulher fuel. thanks for your knowledge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts