Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Went to a very cool Real Estate seminar today in Portland. My buddy Scott Harrison, a Beaverton Realtor, got me an invite and I was very impressed. The speaker, Ben Kinney, a Washington State Realtor and Active Rain guru brought it to the table. I saw Realtors who drove all the way from Mid California's Bay area and one who stayed overnight in a tent just to make it to the seminar. That guy has commitment to doing what you have to, in order to be the best in your business. I've been to so many SEO, SEM and Social Media Webinars and Seminars that I didn't think there was going to be anything for me there. But, you know, if you're not learning, you'd better retire because it only takes one thing to be the ONE THING!

pdx zombie walk.jpg
What's the ONE THING? Well the one thing could be Kinney showing you how to create a page on Facebook. He was telling a story about a Realtor who paid $800.00 for someone to do this for them. Sound unbelievable? I know someone who paid a guy $1200.00 to set up a twitter account for them. The incredible thing was there was a guy in back who kept screaming, "So, who can I pay to do this for me!". Why? Because salespeople are actually lazy. I know, I was salesperson once myself and believe me, after 20 years of selling cars, I became the laziest salesperson on the lot. I cherry picked like crazy, it as the easy way. Little did I know, I was really missing the boat.

I think one thing that soured me on sales was when the managers took my sold customers and divyed them out to the new salespeople and told them to call them. I was very meticulous about my follow up and normally sold more cars from my previous customers, that from the ups that I took off the lot. Trust me, the easiest way to screw up a good thing is when customers that trust you start getting calls saying you don't work there anymore. Oh, and they are orphan owners. lol I tried for 4 months to fix this, then quit the dealership. Best thing that ever happened to me. If I hadn't, I would probably still be there, working 10 to 16 hours a day. Now I realized, I missed my kids growing up. Rule#32 Enjoy the small things in life.- Thanks Tallahassee.

Yea, it's a line from Zombieland. After a year on my duff, I'm trying to do rule #1 now. What is rule number one? WAIT! You've never seen Zombieland?
Here's a rundown for ya.

1. Cardio
  2. The Double Tap
  3. Beware of Bathrooms
  4. Wear Seat Belts
  5. No Attachments
  6. The “Skillet”
  7. Travel Light
  8. Get a Kick Ass Partner
  9. With your Bare Hands
  10. Don’t Swing Low
  11. Use Your Foot
  12. Bounty Paper Towels
  13. Shake it Off
  14. Always carry a change of underwear
  15. Bowling Ball
  16. Opportunity Knocks
  17. Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
  18. Limber Up
  19. Break it Up
  20. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
  21. Avoid Strip Clubs
  22. When in doubt Know your way out
  23. Zipplock
  24. Use your thumbs
  25. Shoot First
  26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
  27. Incoming!
  28. Double-Knot your Shoes
  29. The Buddy System
  30. Pack your stain stick
  31. Check the back seat
  32. Enjoy the little things
  33. Swiss army Knife
I did observe rule number 8. You gotta admit, Wolfen is a Kick-Ass partner. (as in Guy that watches your back, 'cause I don't swing that way). Anyway, back to the story. I noticed something. Active rain allows Realtors to blog on their site. Which has Kick-Ass link juice. So I realized. Every VW salesperson should be taking advantage of the same thing here. So get to blogging. But don't just blog about I got a 02 Jetta for 4k with your name on it. If you're a VW salesperson, and you want to get more customers. And you really want to be informative and grow your business, Then PM me and I'll set you up with how to be the #1 Volkswagen salesperson in your area. I know the formula now and I truly believe I can help you increase your sales more than anyone else ever could. So what are you waiting for? Owners want to know the person they purchase for is gonna be there the next time they want to buy. Sleazy salespeople need not apply.

If you'd like to work with the same (good) person each time you or your family and friends purchase a car, let me know by adding a comment below.

Thanks,

Ken Nix
Founder
VWOC.

BTW, don't forget to subscribe to my blog.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts