Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off I do not understand why VW has gone speaker crazy but neglects everything else when it comes to stereos. VW needs to take a look at the acura RSX and the Scion TC when it comes stereos. Both cars come with a subwoofer from the factory. The TC also has the option of getting a real pioneer headunit from the factory. After sitting in those cars I am at a loss why VW has put in ten speakers in a car with only 20x4 peak to power it. If i make minor tweaks with the bass, mid, treble it distorts because of the lack of power. Basically, stop adding speakers and design better components like Headunits that do not lose reception on cloudy days, 6 bose speaker with amp, and maybe a 8 inch sub. Why not, offer a stereo package with a stock sub and amp for those that like good sounding music. I tried to buy an upgraded stereo from the dealership when I bought the car but there was no stereo package to add to it. To sum up go back to formula on your stereo designs please.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
There is an OEM 'Premium sound' package that adds an external amp, supposed to sound a lot better, but I don't think I've heard one. I'd rather listen to myself sing than the stock system. Hooking a Pioneer H/U up to the stock speakers makes w345039458345098sdflkj302498x better sound.

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
The premium sound option with amp does sound a million times better. The power is much improved to the speakers.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Here is my upgraded Pioneer head unit that I installed in my Rabbit:

Makes the sound about 100x better than stock. Well worth it, in my opinion.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You can snag an AVIC f-series from anywhere from about 450 to 1500 depending on which model and where you shop. The Fseries replaced the D3 recently and features a built navigation maps as opposed to having to load some stupid DVD. Fseries > D3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is my upgraded Pioneer head unit that I installed in my Rabbit:

Makes the sound about 100x better than stock. Well worth it, in my opinion.
What model is that because I'm thinking about getting a Valor in dash navigation system. Did you have to purchase a radio replacement interface?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have to say that i love the monsoon system on my jetta. Its better then our hummer with Bose. I have to say that i would like to have a subwoffer in the jetta but it does fine without. If i were the designersat Volkswagen, i would go with Harmon/kardon system. My grandpa has it in his s-550 merc and its crazy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts