Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

I want to put together a cruise/g2g/supreme hang out weekends in one of the most epic of cruise in spots in America -- Key West, FL.

I know this may SEEM impossible for some of you ::looks at folks in MidWest and West Coast::, but just think about how awesome it would be to have a national VWOC g2g. Sure some of us are going to the Spring Thaw in April, some of us will make it to h20 in September...but this should be a great opportunity for us all to meet, have a great time in a beautiful place, and have an EPIC cruise to get there!

Here's what I need...I would like everyone that is even the slightest amount interested in this to post up in this thread and give:

-your interest in this idea (and likelihood for you to make something work)
-time in the next 18 months when you might be available for this (keep in mind you may have to take your car out of winter-mode)
-where you'd be coming from
-any other thoughts or ideas that could be useful.

Again guys, this is very much a feeler and posting here shows no real commitment at this time. Thats said, let's getting something great going! :D:

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
man, it would be so cool to head to key west in my rabbit. but being in houston, tx leads to four days of driving (there and back), which would lead me to take a plane to meet up with you guys. i'll kick around the idea with my better half. maybe i can talk her into getting on a plane to go hang out with some vw enthusiast.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
You know that I am coming. I've wanted to do a VW cruise in our area for the longest time now. Its like as 5 hour drive but I have a friend in Key west I can stay with...

-I think this is awesome and I'm def coming.
-I can come any weekend. I prefer when its warmer out. We should do it on a saturday so some of us can sleep and get home tat Sunday.
-Orlando-ish
-PARRRTTTAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Very interested. Winter mode LOL. My thots would be to do it when us northerners wouldn't have to leave in OR come home to two feet of snow. I'm thinking of making that the THAW for next year in April or wait until June? Post hurricane season would be good as well. With two days down and two back, I'd want to stay at least a week there. The two extra nights in a hotel plus gas is still cheaper than airfare. And it would be cool to pick up the others along the way there. Lot of planning ahead for someone...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I made this drive once from WV, and it is a EPIC cruise. Good time and a beautiful place.

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
This thread needs to be sponsored by OPEC.

Not much of a cruise for you! You live right there! Lets cruise to Stony Brook....woot! I'm two miles away!

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Any other interest? I think this could be a fun time.

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Maybe next fall, post hurricane season

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Soooo...anything on this yet?

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Gonna say no for now, but who knows if something changes down the road...

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Key West is SO fun. It's definitely an adult playground... pretty boring for anyone under the legal drinking age. I flew in, but I can only imagine how gorgeous the drive would be. You should try posting some pics and information about the drive. That might get some interest going for this fall.

Fun fact: I have a Conch Republic flag hanging in the garage. I think I'm legally married there too. LOL

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts