Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I’ve got a 2010 Rhd Tiguan, I ha e noticed a bad smell and in inspection there is a large abound of water that had pooled in the passenger footwell. Any ideas on commons causes before I start stripping the car down? I’m guessing the scuttle drain may be the first place to start but would be grateful for any tips anyone has?
cheers
Ben

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the bad-smelling water coolant? If so, I would have the cooling system coolant level checked and if low, pressure tested to determine where the leak is coming from. Possible heater core leak if it is coolant. Only Tiguans with sunroofs have drains through the A, and C pillars so it cannot be a clogged drain. If the water is clear and you find this water accumulating only in rainy conditions I would have the windshield seal checked. Also, check the drain for the fresh air intake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my wifes 16 did this. it was the hose from air conditioning evap. They run it into the car on the passenger side.
There is a hose that comes disconnected it's on the brace for the dash. Pull the cover off and you'll see it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts