Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What 0w-20 oils meet VW's 508.00 requirements?

I recently bought a 2018 Passat and am wondering what brand 0w-20 oils meet the so called specs from VW? The manual says 508.00 (not 502 which I put in the title). I cant find any bottle at the store that says anything about it. All I see are meets specs for other brand cars. I saw Castrol Edge Extended Life today, but saw nothing about it meeting anything. I believe the dealer is using Vavoline and know Castrol makes the Edge Professional which isnt found at stores so how the heck do I know what ones meet the requirements?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: What 0w-20 oils meet VW's 508.00 requirements?

Look at Total Quartz Ineo. Or Fuchs Titan oil
I recently bought a 2018 Passat and am wondering what brand 0w-20 oils meet the so called specs from VW? The manual says 508.00 (not 502 which I put in the title). I cant find any bottle at the store that says anything about it. All I see are meets specs for other brand cars. I saw Castrol Edge Extended Life today, but saw nothing about it meeting anything. I believe the dealer is using Vavoline and know Castrol makes the Edge Professional which isnt found at stores so how the heck do I know what ones meet the requirements?
Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: What 0w-20 oils meet VW's 508.00 requirements?

Look at Total Quartz Ineo. Or Fuchs Titan oil

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Total looks good, but can't find that locally. Online it seems I can get the Castrol professional cheaper. Anything stores easily carry?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I'd update this as I contacted a few major oil companies to see if they have any oils that meet the 508.

Castrol only has the Edge Professional
Quaker State says they have none.
Valvoline says the Synpower is
Mobil 1 told me to use their search tool which says my car takes 5w-40. No it doesn't lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 9 of 9 Posts