Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the picture
, what do the two switches on the right do? The left one is my hazard lights. The middle one looks like the hazard lights switch, but I don't know what it does. I thought someone said it was a heater for cold winter starts. I don't know what the right one does. They all light up when I flip them. Just curious. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,572 Posts
Don't have a clue as to what they do, you are going to have to take them carefully out of the dash and trace the wiring back to see what they are attached to on the engine. Gotta love previous owners additions.

Originally the Block heater on the Cabriolet was powered by a 3 prong a/c plug that was next to the right side inner fender that had a nasty clip that I usually cut my arm on wrenching.

One of them could be for the rear window defroster which IIRC was located there originally... Easy to check is the color of the wires, as the rear window used 2 black wires to it IIRC, and if you don't have the link to Chris's Westy Wiring diagrams you may want to download them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the picture View attachment 44940 , what do the two switches on the right do? The left one is my hazard lights. The middle one looks like the hazard lights switch, but I don't know what it does. I thought someone said it was a heater for cold winter starts. I don't know what the right one does. They all light up when I flip them. Just curious. Thanks.
I wouldn't worry about the switches. I would check to see if something is living in the garbage!
NASTY!! Don't you ever clean your car???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts