Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
010.JPG 012.JPG 011.JPG WOOOH lol

Hello everyone , im buying my very first Rabbit, Also my first Volkswagen! Ive always loved Vw's, Always loved the rabbits and golfs, And I came across one for 600$! So I am buying it.

The problem is I have no clue what engine it is, and The lady im buying it off of said someone swapped the engine before she owned it.

It has 280k on the body, and 120 on the engine.

Im just wondering what kind of engine you think this is? The only info I got is that its from a jetta, and she thinks its a 1.4? I cant tell from these pictures though. Help me out! :)

Edit: 1996 jetta engine, 1.4 liter she says, I didn't thinkn in 96 there was a 1.4?

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
The '96 Jetta (MkIII) never came with a 1.4L engine. The engines offered were 1.6L, 1.8L, 2.0L, 2.8L or 1.9L diesel. The MkIV did come with that engine but not in NA. Have you tried looking up the numbers on the engine block? It's tough to read them from the picture but if you post the sequence maybe someone can offer some info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is tough to read them in the pictures she sent me, I will try to read them and look it up though..
Also, it says 91 about that sequence of numbers on the block, would that be the year she was built?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts