Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car like this 2 days ago, had 3k on work done to it at a shop 6 months ago replacing everything on the timing and water pump.. now I've had it 2 days and the epc light keeps kicking on and going in safe mode. I replaced maf because it scanned bad, still epc mode after resetting computer. I looked at motor and seen 2 outlets for a line but no line, I put caps on them because I do not know what this line called or where to get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought this car like this 2 days ago, had 3k on work done to it at a shop 6 months ago replacing everything on the timing and water pump.. now I've had it 2 days and the epc light keeps kicking on and going in safe mode. I replaced maf because it scanned bad, still epc mode after resetting computer. I looked at motor and seen 2 outlets for a line but no line, I put caps on them because I do not know what this line called or where to get it.
If you just bought it it's a law it has to pass inspection so just have the shop fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gas 2.0 turbo
Looks to be a TSI and by the year it should be (2008.5-up).

Looks, just a wild guess, to be some sort of vacuum line, maybe for PVC or EGR.

Take the “lemon law” advice and go to shopdap.com and see if any of their TSI videos explains what you see IRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts