Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm wondering if you can give me some advice. I've just got the chance of buying a lovely old t3 camper from 88, with the bigger 112hp engine. In absolut mint condition. No rust, problems or anything. My problem is just that I don't own any other car. So if i buy this it's going to be my primary everyday car, and i would need to use it year around. Plus I live in Sweden so half the year the weather is going to be crap. And i don't have a garage.
Its is my dream car, and i would of course love to have it. But i don't want to ruin this perfect car by not being able to protect it from the weather in the winter. Can somebody please help, is it possible for me to drive a car like all year around, or would i just ruin the car ??

Thanks for your help!

:)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The reason I don't own a Challenger, or other car of the sort, is because I
don't have a Garage to put it in. I can get a old '60s Belvadier for DIRT
cheap, good shape, but no garage. I bought a nice car, once, and the
winters destroyed it... So, never again, unless I can put or store it
somewhere in the winter. I could pay $35.00+ a month during the off
season to store a car, but then you have another monthly expenditure
for a while; that adds up.

Then again, if someone was going to sell me a Challenger at, say HALF what
it sells for, well, then Garage or not, I am buying it. If my brother would
cut the cost of that Belvadier in half, or even give it to me, garage or not,
can't pass that up...

So, there you have it. If it's a deal you're NEVER going to see again, then
I would buy it. If I were you? I would undercoat it if it were your primary
driver. There are ways to help prevent and slow the ruining factor...

It's not the WEATHER that ruins the cars, it's the SALT or chemicals they put
on the roads to melt ice and snow...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for you're answer.
Exactly :) I could also rent a over winter storage, but then i would still need a car to drive for work and stuff in the winter. And as a student living in a small studio apartment, i can't really have two cars. hehe ;) . So I'm gonna need a car in any case. The big question is just, is this my car?? And one factor still is, that I'm not exactly loaded (i have money for the car and whatever it takes to care for it), I'm still a student with no jobb after school. But i would buy this car with the money my father left me when he past away a couple of years ago. So this would be a kind of heritage and memory from my father.

hehe a lot to think about and not very much time, anyone could buy it anytime of i don't decide what to do soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Exaclty, if you have a place you can store it then I would do it. Also having a classic car as a daily can prove to be a love/ hate relationship haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts