Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an avid enthusiist who has ALWAYs owned a vw since I was 13. (of course I am 45 now....) I currently own 3 Volkswagens, 04 Jetta a 71 411 2dr 4spd and a 80 Rabbit convertable. To things to say to VW of America

1) Make a Rabbit diesel and a Rabbit Convertable
2) Welcome to Herndon Va !!!

:cool:

D

·
0 Posts
i love my vw and want to get a cabby to match the color!

I would like to see: them give me a network engineering job in their new location :-D

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
add little things for a safer car like, integrated blind spot mirrors, steering wheel buttons to control: audio, cruise control, phone; bluetooth, ESP standard, auto-dim interior mirror.

·
Topless Moderator
6,589 Posts
two "levels" of the two door. a base like there is now (which could stay the "S") then maybe an "SE" that gave you what the four door has, like colored molding, heated power seats, armrest, option of sunroof... i'm sure a lot of people who got a four door did it just because they couldn't get the options they wanted on a two door, and some people stayed away completely because they weren't willing to go with a four door just so they could get a sunroof.

if this change happened, i'd probably trade my two door in for a new one. i really miss my sunroof.

·
Registered
283 Posts
two "levels" of the two door. a base like there is now (which could stay the "S") then maybe an "SE" that gave you what the four door has, like colored molding, heated power seats, armrest, option of sunroof... i'm sure a lot of people who got a four door did it just because they couldn't get the options they wanted on a two door, and some people stayed away completely because they weren't willing to go with a four door just so they could get a sunroof.

if this change happened, i'd probably trade my two door in for a new one. i really miss my sunroof.
i understand why they did what they did, but yeah I wish I had a sunroof and heated seats. If they were an option on the 2 door I would have definately got them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's not feasible but I'd like to see mix-n-match options, with the packaging being "value" priced; like a Happy Meal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, after waxing my '07 Rabbit and now with the current rain in Maryland, I keep getting soaked when I get into my parked car with static rain puddles on the roof..

It appears with all the water beaded up on the roof, when I open the door(s) or windows, I'll get a stream on water pouring in. My pants and shirt will dry out yes, but I get nervous with the residual rain water dropping on the window and door switches.

How long will these switches work if they keep getting soaked with water?

Vice not waxing and maitaining the cars appearance, I suggest that VW do a better job of isolating the rain water on the roof from entering though a window or door opening.

Before I get to many smart replies, the windows and doors are closed when it is raining.

Thanks. Guess I'm too used to old fashioned rain jutters on cars. The really whistle great at 60 PMH!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I wish for the sunroof, also. That was one thing I was really set on when I went out looking for a new car. I had to have a sunroof. But...I also had to have a 2dr (No more carting all my friends around.). So, we all make sacrifices...

The rain is a problem for me. Living in the Monsoon State (Florida) I can't put my windows down until I've done my "rain removal" maneuver: Back up, stop hard, go forward, stop hard, hard left, hard right, open windows.

Those things aside, I still abso-freakin'-lutely love my car. Wouldn't trade if for the world. (I would trade it for a New Rabbit diesel, if they make one)

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Green = should be do-able
Red = Fantasy (not gonna happen)

Memory seats/mirrors and steering wheel

Intergrated rain channels on roof

Longer rear spoiler as in the GTI's

Better light switch On/Parking/Off

DRL's on then turn the rest of the lights on

Power passenger seat (if not availible)

Larger Brakes

Factory Fog lights

HD Radio Standard

Rear hatch with lift glass as well and the hole hatch

Factory painted rear bumpers (lowers)

AWD option (not R32)

Weather band radio stations (NOAA)

and last but not least

The old La Coocaracha music the older VWs had.

·
Still Plays with Cars
1,271 Posts
Green = should be do-able
Red = Fantasy (not gonna happen)

Memory seats/mirrors and steering wheel

Intergrated rain channels on roof

Longer rear spoiler as in the GTI's

Better light switch On/Parking/Off

DRL's on then turn the rest of the lights on

Power passenger seat (if not availible)

Larger Brakes

Factory Fog lights

HD Radio Standard

Rear hatch with lift glass as well and the hole hatch

Factory painted rear bumpers (lowers)

AWD option (not R32)

Weather band radio stations (NOAA)

and last but not least

The old La Coocaracha music the older VWs had.
Don't forget bobbleheaded Taco Bell dog on the back deck...

I'd like to see more affordable aftermarket products...

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
-a lot more options in general
-customization variety a la mini cooper

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sunblinds

I opted for the 2 door for easy entry and exit.

When you move the sunblind to the side, you have a big gap that the sun just comes through.

Other cars have the blind extenders for the side.

And for my wife (4 ft 10 inch ) she would like a downward extender.

Thanks

·
It is what it is..
1,570 Posts
some rants, and some ravings

Some lil things i noticed:
mentioned before about the sun visors, the lil middle one is gone now?! and there are no extenders to mask the gaps left on the side windows.

the brakes are not as aggressive in the mid pressure range. i have to balance my foot pressure so as to not give me and my passengers whiplash because the car isnt decelerating as quick as it used to.

you cant bend your driver's side wiper blade up off the windshield w/o lifting the hood?

bring back the foot and face vent combo on the HVAC, instead of either or, and defrost/foot combo. my hands freeze or my toes freeze!

you guys are really suckin at providing your own performance parts at a reasonable price. either R&D your own parts, or group with some of the german and american tuning firms already out there to give us a "factory tuned" car that is still covered by a warranty with mods. Believe is or not, but there are ppl willing to pay for such an availability. No one cares if you do or dont condone modifications, but some sort of realistic performance support to show you care would be nice!

the Rabbit shouldnt be pigeonholed into a city car. highway RPMs are terrible. my 88 Jetta cruises lower. offer a six spd manual or something.

thats about it.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
you can actually lift the wipers, but you have to read the manual first
(when you turn off the ignition push the wiper arm down in less then 10 sec and wipers enter in the service mode ;) )

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's probably a good reason why they are the way they are but....

auto seat recliners.

stronger exterior door handles/housing.

Better factory options, especially here in Canada.

Colour matched bumber stock.

Car prices that are a tad closer to our American friends (I paid almost double, even when our dollar was stronger :( )

1 - 20 of 29 Posts