Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey vw, i love the car the way it is. alot of these things are really picky and i like the car the way it is. i have three problems that you guys could look at maybe for next generation.

1. the sunvisor in the coupe thing mentioned a couple of posts up
2. i was kinda upset when i recieved my ordered rabbit to find there wasnt an armrest in the middle and there was in the one i test drove. i was not informed it was an option. but once i started driving it, i started to feel a little more at home remembering my old bugs. so i guess that really isnt a suggestion.
3. backing down a driveway at 4am sucks for the neighbors who are sleeping because there isn't a shut off for the drls... kinda sucks trying to pull out while holding the e brake between open and the first notch. maybe a 10mph speed delay from start-up

thanks for doing what you do. designer to designer pat on the back.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Like Jaylind said, AWD option or even RWD would suffice.

A fix for the acceleration delay without having to use and aftermarket chip.

Definately factory fog lights.

A general better outlook on aftermarket parts. They are not always bad...

Great safety, as a person who totaled his first rabbit, it wasnt half bad for a wreck...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Like Jaylind said, AWD option or even RWD would suffice.
Yup, I would have gladly paid a few thousand more for AWD in the Rabbit, or I would have bought a GTI if it were an option there. Having to go all the way to an R32 and take a huge hit on gas mileage is not a real option for me and many others.

·
Premium Member
16,519 Posts
AWD sounds good but I dont know how a Rabbit with its small wheel base would handle being RWD. Wasnt that VW GTI w/ the W12 motor RWD, granted it was running 400+ horsepower, but I believe Jeremy commented that with its wheel base its hard to control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a crazy VW nut, and would love to buy a new Rabbit. The only problem is that it is not currently available with a TDI motor. Every one knows the first thing that comes to mind when you think Rabbit is "DIESEL"!!! They will sell like crazy in the USA.

·
Registered
321 Posts
A more accurate speedometer

Don't use hard ABS plastic (sure it's good quality) for the dash and vents. These bits of trim tend to creak when the temperature changes from the climate control.

Flatten the top of the dash, like the BMW 3 series.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i would like to see a USB port for the radio for mp3s on a usb memory card. I had this option on my last pioneer head unit and you get spoiled with it. You just copy mp3s to your USB thumb drive on your computer then plug it in to your radio and go so much easier than burning mp3/cds, plus you can get huge thumb drives.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts