Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Volkswagen,
I read in autoweek that there may be a 914 based car coming out in 2011? Can you shed some light on this? I grew up in the seat of a bright green one and still own it to this day. I LOVE that car and went to go put a down payment to one at the VW dealer where they wouldn't accept it (no surprise). Is there going to be a '914/6' type car also? If this is out before summer of 2011. My parents will be buying the VW version and i will be buying the Porsche version (if there is one), we will be picking it up at the factories. I could stop here but i am going to get down on my knees now. PLEASE BRING BACK THE 914! It would be the greatest thing since sliced bread! Not to mention the after market options available! THAT WOULD BE INSTRUMENTAL IN MOTORSPORT. If you think the TDI CUP is big... that would be HUGE! But i would use the neon challenge for a guide... there is no way i would spend 30k for a year racing where at the end of it i will not have a car. Let us buy our cars and do it that way. I was at the 1st TDI cup and it was cool! I met the CEO and all but... it just wasnt like the old days with the neon challenge. Let them be support races for like F1 (if they ever come back), or indy (like the neon challenge was). Again, the neon challenge was the coolest racing series ever done for amateur drivers. Look at the Pro drivers that started in the neon challenge... there are MANY... and the friendships and ties forged by it were AMAZING. To this day my father and i know Randy Pobst and a few others very well.

THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING POSSIBLE FOR VW!

Kind Regards,
DodoDan

P.S. Bring over the caddy!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very interesting! I have never heard about any of that! And no, my car is a BRIGHT green color. Or i guess i should say 1 of mine is. I have another yellow 1 that is basically a track car... but OOOOO so fun to drive on the street!

my high school sweetheart had a 914... Pumpkin Orange... that thing was FUN to blast around in. He's going to be STOKED if the new version comes out!
He would not be the only one! I know SOOOO many people just in my area that would buy 1.... i am not sure if i said this but my family would buy 2! 1 of the VW's and 1 of the Porsche '916' versions.... I WANT THEM TO COME OUT WITH IT SOOOOO BAD!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts