Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
anyone know of a good place to buy wheel spacers other than ecstuning.com?
Get some wheel bearings while your at it. Wheel spacers do bad things to VDubs. I wouldn't rec. them to anyone! I don't care what the MFG says, they tear up bearings and void your warranty. Speaking from exp.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Get some wheel bearings while your at it. Wheel spacers do bad things to VDubs. I wouldn't rec. them to anyone! I don't care what the MFG says, they tear up bearings and void your warranty. Speaking from exp.
I agree with all that.
why not getting wheels which would sit how you wanted to(smaller ET)?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I agree with all that.
why not getting wheels which would sit how you wanted to(smaller ET)?

So what do the do? i have some spacers on mines?:eek:ff:

·
Registered
107 Posts
They really do damage?!?!?!?! i was gonna get some 5's and 8's to flush my wheels!?!?!?!
Stick with wheels that are for our cars. The spacers put an undue amount of stress on the bearings causing premature wear and failure. I see cars with aftermarket wheels and spacers all the time. The first complaint on the repair order always says "Growl noise from front wheel area" we check them and the bearings are shot. Most of those cars come back sporting OE or the right wheels for their car. AKA, lesson learned the hard way!

·
Registered
4 Posts
go to the official site of wheel spacers brand! Such as HR, KSP, Bonoss,etc. They have detailed description of their products and you can also avoid some middleman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts