Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently had an early cold snap with a very wet snow and the car was parked outside. The next day, when my wife went out to go to work, the windows would not automatically lower to get into the car. Finally, she was able to get in, but then the window stayed down the 1/4" instead of going back up. Later that day, I put the top down, and raised and lowered the windows, and it all seemed to reset itself and has been working fine ever since. Has anyone had a similar problem? This is our first winter with the car, so we are concerned about the windows freezing up with snow, ice, etc. Thoughts? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
If Battery voltage goes below get near to 11V or lower, The modules get quirky, and windows need to be reset.....Ibwould check health of your battery, the AGMs do not like 30°F or lower sometimes.....
good luck....

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a common problem, ice causes the window to stick and it can no longer determine when the window is fully closed. you need to re-teach the control module by pressing, and holding the window lower switch until the window is fully open, and KEEP the switch pressed for a further 10 seconds. Then press, and hold the window close switch until the window is fully closed, and KEEP pressing the button for a further 10 seconds. It should now work normally again. Some say some petroleum jelly on the rubber helps stop the problem, but I've not tried it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts