Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 jetta 2.5L SEL- The wipers only work on the intermittment and low settings. When switch is set to high the wipers freeze. ALready checked fuse. I am thinkingit is the wiper control switch. Not finding much online to confirm this assumption. Thank you for your help!!

· Registered
75 Posts
If you push it down and hold it, will they come on full and stay on for the usual duration? The drawing below is from a 2012 JWS MK6 2.5 SE. It is going to be the switch on the column (E) which includes the intermittent switch, or a failure in the Steering Column Control Unit (J527). I doubt it is the SCCU.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

Reactions: bmoore

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response and sending the diagram Tobias. Yes, when i push it down and hold it, it does stay on for the duration. It is really weird because everything else on that is on the stalks work. The only thing that haven't mentioned is the wiper motor is a little loud compared to the wiper motor on my other vehicle but it is NOT a grinding noise....just a little bit loud. I am like you and believe it is the switch and not the motor or the SCCU. Is this something a mechanic could plug up and do a scan to be absolutely sure it is the switch before i go taking the airbag and steering wheel off?

· Registered
75 Posts
Yes. If the steering control unit is integrated into the clock spring around the steering wheel, the air bag and the steering wheel have to come off. If not, the unit is located under the dash just to the right of the steering column and makes getting to connector much easier. You mechanic should be able to find the drawing and correct connector in their AllData App. If not, you can come back to me (send a PM).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts